ReefStinger's 160 new build. Advice please

i am finally starting to see a small sign of diatom brown algae. not much , but its part of the new system progress. right now the parameters are stable. no ammonia , no nitrates, ph 8.2 , salinity 1.026 , phosphates zero.

If you run into any trouble and need it I have a big bottle of alpha here in Bowdon.

im thinking that since Saturday is the 2 week point since transfer was done , that's when water chem will start to act up. but then again i used all my LR from old setup plus some more cured LR . New Dry sand 176lb and 8lb of LS from old system, sprinkled on top of new sand to seed it.. if it happens , im ready, got 75 gallons of new salt /rodi stirring for 5 days now in the fuge.

ok, so you seen the tank, 5ft x 30" x 21" tall. I have the Reeflo Barracuda mpeller on the pump, seems like i have very low flow because i have the 75 gallon fuge tied in at the moment. Should I go back and change to the Hammerhead higher flow impeller? or just add a MP40wes pump on the end glass?? right now im running to hydra powerheads i think they are 500 GPH. I also have 3" fine sand bed in this tank. I will send a new pic of the tank when i get home Mysslyss06. Also what would you guys/gals recommmend i add to the 75 gallon fuge?? 4" sand bed and some jawfish?

Did you realize there is a naked mermaid in your tank.

That tank looks very nice

Refugium suggestions??? anyone. right now its BB with some LR, my mean 3" tang,. some cheto and some flame algae . I think after i get all the fish i want in the DT I will isolate the fuge, add my yellow tang back to dt and add a dry SB with a little live sand . then let it cycle out and add the jawfish and return to total system?? humm whats your thoughts?

Edit:
LegalReefer;783476 wrote: I dont think one every fully completes a build!

Yep Legal you are correct. A ongoing project!:up: hope the wife y continues to ignore the $$$$$ i spend. LOL :lol2:

Back