ReefStinger's 160 new build. Advice please

Tank transferred!! to new setup, parameters look good now, but its the next 2 weeks will tell how successful!

Thanks Guys. Grouper sorry i missed you Friday. I was picking up some LR and a birdsnest by the Dallas Airport, still got to mount my MH's today.

:fish::fish::yay:
still need to get the MH's mounted correctly. Thanks to all who Helped me do this!

Cool setup! I bet you are loving the freedom a basement brings! No more aqueezing under the dt in the cabinet!

Coming together nicely. :) As LegalReffer said, I bet that is so nice having the room to work out in the open.

yep, only time i had to get under the DT was when i had to run the plumbing and check for leaks on the test run. Looking good so far, Im thinking about selling my large lt anemone and making this tank a RBTA dominated?? still trying to decide. My fish love it though , more space, more hiding places.

Thanks 33 , i drove up your way 2 weeks ago and got my sand/salt and some things from Jenn at imagine.

1 year in this Hobby and im still reading and researching!! This is my kinda Hobby. Love it!! my Wife has me a appt with the shrink tomorrow!!:eek:
HELP!!! just kidding :lol2:

rdnelson99;775602 wrote: Sure, rub it in Jon. :boo:

LOL

LOL.

In Charlotte I had no basement, so I just plumbed through the wall and used 1/3 of the garage. :D

I remember reading a thread when I first got on this site about someone who put a sump underground outside the house. The thought has occured to me. :) That location isn't far from my two ponds either. Mmmmmmm outdoor saltwater ponds?????? hehehehe

rdnelson99;776192 wrote: I remember reading a thread when I first got on this site about someone who put a sump underground outside the house. The thought has occured to me. :) That location isn't far from my two ponds either. Mmmmmmm outdoor saltwater ponds?????? hehehehe

make them large enough you can put black tip sharks in them and have a unique home security system, then you can get a discount on your homeowners insurance for security system in place :boo:

Yep, My Koi pond my soon turn into a saltwater shark pond??? since i have neglected it the last 3 mths on the inside tank. you know saltwater is easier to care for, just ask the SW pool owners. hey you can even keep fresh water snakes out it this way?? great idea. Hopefuly my wife will not have me commited before i get the KOI pond converted!!!:doh::wow2::fish::yay:

I like the idea of an outside saltwater pond but how would you control the specific gravity????

JohnIII;776276 wrote: I like the idea of an outside saltwater pond but how would you control the specific gravity????

it's on the ground so you should not have any gravity to worry about.

sorry, ....

you are Funny Eagle!!! :lol2::lol:

I know the saltwater pool folks just dump in a bag of salt every 3 to 4 weeks. But it does seem because of weather/rain it would be extremly hard to manage salinity

Back