Reminder: Do not start tank swaps at 6pm

Coulda told ya that... only because nobody told me. Here's hoping you sleep as long and soundly as I did!

Man, this is so true! You should start at 6am if you can. I've learned to take whatever time I THINK it's going to take...double it, then add an extra hour or two. This is especially true if you have nobody helping you.

Barbara;370252 wrote: Probably a good rule of thumb that, if Ace Hardware or Home Depot aren't open, don't touch anything!

Best advice EVER!

Woke up late, I'm at work now, lol. I may be able to get some tonight. I still have to clean up and it stinks in my house. Imagine 5 totes that were holding livestock and water for 10 hours then drained of all but the gunk at the bottom, and sat for a day in the kitchen, lol.

Barbara;370252 wrote: Yep, you can say that again. Probably a good rule of thumb that, if Ace Hardware or Home Depot aren't open, don't touch anything!

I love that, but there is always walmart. Your fix may not be perfect, and you'll never be "in and out" as there's always a huge line after midnight, but in case of emergencies, they're sometimes</em> helpful.

Barbara;370427 wrote: What's up with that anyway? Where do all these people come from that go shopping at midnight at Walmart???
That's what I do... Less yahoo's to deal with.. But what the midnighters lack in numbers they make up for in yahoonish

I usually go grocery shopping around 12am-2am depending on when I get off work. Only 1 lane is ever open, the lane with tobacco products.

ETA on pics is 2.5 hours for those of you holding your breaths.

Barbara;370427 wrote: What's up with that anyway? Where do all these people come from that go shopping at midnight at Walmart???

I have no idea where they come from, but they all seem to follow me to the Waffle House... :confused2:

Wow. Gonna skip the dui temptation and go eat about 3 of my wife's smart ones covered in hot sauce.

Just a tip. After the popcorn is done splat some cheap hot sauce like crystals or something in there and shake the hell out if it. Mmmm mmmm good

Yes it does. Gonna go make some wings now instead of starting a tank swap

Alright, time to get this thread back on topic

Specs:
All Glass 90 w/ Megaflow overflow
Durso drain (soon to be changed)
20 gallon home made sump
Coralife 125 Super Skimmer
Phosban Reactor for carbon
Mag 9.5 return
2x Koralia 3's
40lbs Special Grade Reef Sand
100lbs of live rock including sump and display, much more needed
4x54 T5 Nova Extreme, soon to be MH!

The pics you've all been waiting for:

Installed my DJ switch
Switches.jpg
alt="" />

RKL goodies
RKL.jpg
alt="" />

Power
Switches2.jpg
alt="" />

Taking down the 75
Kitchen.jpg
alt="" />

Rock
Holding2.jpg
alt="" />

Livestock
Holding.jpg
alt="" />

Stand in place
Kitchen2.jpg
alt="" />

Me next to the tank, keep in mind, I'm 6'4" and the water level is just below eye level for me
Tall.jpg
alt="" />

Filling
Filling.jpg
alt="" />

Full
Done.jpg
alt="" />

Few PO'd corals
Done2.jpg
alt="" />

Super Clean!
That is looking nice man. Thanks for sharing.
Wish I had a wing left to offer ya. Just Kidding. Can't wait to see more.

Can I see a pic of the doors attached to the stand?
Wonder how you incorporated the DJ strip...

Back