Reminder: Do not start tank swaps at 6pm

I was thinking about some similar setup with a DJ strip, but I'm thinking NOW that I'll just run a bank of outlets within the base cabinet that run to a 30A sub panel that receives power via a single power cord..
(picture the way a dryer is connected to a wall outlet, OK, now that cord will run to my own "DIY" surge protector within the base of the aquarium)

Thanks guys, I'll get more pics tomorrow of the doors.

For the DJ strip, I measured and decided where I wanted to mount it. I cut blocks of wood and glued and screwed them into the stand so they're firm. Then I just drilled the holes for the DJ strip and mounted with nuts, bolts and washers. I was surprised at how solid it feels when you push a button, there's no give. I was planning to put a support underneath the strip as well, but it didn't need it.

Understood,
But when flush fit with the stand, the doors won't close with the buttons behind it.
Or did you have the strip accessible w doors closed?

The doors fit outside the stand and there is nothing to interfere with closing the door. I did not get to mount the top hinge, though, as it overhangs more than I thought. Doesn't really affect the door at all, though.

Found my Yellow Watchman Goby! I thought he was a gonner in March when he disappeared. He's white now with some dark stripes, but looks plenty healthy. Weird...

Male YWMG are white, females are yellow (or was it the other way around?)

showthread.php

I'm sure he is stressed since I didn't know he was in there for 4 months...He's eating pellets and mysis and already has 2 homes in the new setup.

Of what? I did just finish setting up the automatic auto top off. Every 3 days my RO/DI kicks on to fill a 5 gallon bucket til the float switch at the top trips. Then my floats in the sump take water out of the 5 gallon bucket via an Aqualifter and push it through my kalk reactor, all controlled by the RKL. I'm planning to hide all that equipment in float switches.

More pics coming, you can see all the pics by clicking the link in my sig.

Fully functioning sump and fuge, still have to make a piece of trim to go around the bottom of the fuge so it's not just bare wood.
DSC09156.jpg
alt="" />

Finished 8 fan setup
DSC09177.jpg
alt="" />

Happy Rics
DSC09185.jpg
alt="" />

Need to move the hammers a bit further away
DSC09186.jpg
alt="" />

Baby rics
DSC09202.jpg
alt="" />

Palys
DSC09193.jpg
alt="" />

LOTR
DSC09195.jpg
alt="" />

DSC09184.jpg
alt="" />

DSC09187.jpg
alt="" />

DSC09188.jpg
alt="" />

DSC09189.jpg
alt="" />

DSC09190.jpg
alt="" />

DSC09191.jpg
alt="" />

Haha, thanks! It's cool to see the growth in just a few months. It's 3/4" to 1 1/2" around and you can still see the original lines from when it was cut.

No updated FTS, but updated sump tank shot.

Reworked with a manifold to feed the fuge, a T for future use (RDSB?), and one T-'d off with 1/4" line for a calcium reactor in the future, as well as added a valve so I can turn off the flow entirely if I need to. Sump is fed through some Locline (thanks to the BRS group buy) and a diffuser and gets much better surface agitation and flow than the small MJ that is now gone. Also, I guess removing the pump is good for heat. I took all the rock out of the return chamber and put it in the fuge, got rid of the sand and will be adding chaeto soon; hopefully I can keep it alive. I'll also be adding a remote deep sand bed, probably what I'll use the other T for. Anyways...

From this
DSC09156.jpg
alt="" />

To this
SumpReworked.jpg
alt="" />

Back