Riptide...seems interesting

im impressed i didnt think it would work so well, especially in such a large tank.

I'm thinking interest in these is going to drop once they release a price.

I bet they will set a price lower than the vortech MP40 being this the most used between the 3 ecotech models, of course comparing this with the top models :)

I just saw the videos for this thing on youtube. Looks very cool. I hope the price is more in line with Jebaos than the Vortechs but I doubt it.

The rep from coral view said "if you can afford jebaos, you can afford a riptide"

I think it's awesome. Would love to try it at some point.. maybe we can get them to give some demos to the club... :) :) :)

Ringo®;970622 wrote: The rep from coral view said "if you can afford jebaos, you can afford a riptide"

Oh sweet! I must've missed that. I'm definitely in to try it. Maybe this is the next group but they won't tell us about! lol

I have never liked the flow of Tunze or VorTech pumps placed on the back glass in a mature SPS tank. I have seen these pumps blow the tissue off SPS in this type of placement. I wonder if the flow from these would be diffuse enough to put on back glass without the flow being destructive to SPS?

The CoralVue video link I posted earlier makes it look like the Riptide flows water towards the surface from just two inched below the waterline. I might have to get a couple of these to try in my 465. I have three MP60s on each side now, so what's a little more flow gonna hurt?

good point, move along Dave, lol....

Sorry, but no Vortech replacement yet!

i was wondering when someone was gonna make a thread discussing these.looks really cool,especially for a peninsula tank where you dont want a powerhead cluttering up the views.

Well I've never used a Vortech cause I just can't convince myself that the money is worth it, but I've never done any major SPS either so what do I know. But it does look like these can do lots of water movement while still being pretty gentle and that would be great for softies for sure.

JDWells;970670 wrote: Well I've never used a Vortech cause I just can't convince myself that the money is worth it, but I've never done any major SPS either so what do I know. But it does look like these can do lots of water movement while still being pretty gentle and that would be great for softies for sure.

A couple of these on the back upper glass of a BB tank would produce a gyre (circular) type flow going from the back glass top towards the front, down the front glass and back towards the back glass again. could help keep the tank cleaner.

..I'm sure if someone was creative enough, you could come up with a DIY version.. some kind of beltfed pump or paddle wheel attached to an existing powerhead or something....

maybe I'll start some sketches... :)

Acroholic;970784 wrote: A couple of these on the back upper glass of a BB tank would produce a gyre (circular) type flow going from the back glass top towards the front, down the front glass and back towards the back glass again. could help keep the tank cleaner.

Yeah I watched the videos and it looks great. I'm just saying I wouldn't be able to compare to a Vortech since I've never used one. I really like the Jebaos though.

Just subscribed myself to get the date of their realise and price, although now I'm considering the flow patterns and the possibility of changing the gph and pulsing modes as my vortechs can give .

From their Facebook page

"We just got pricing and the latest images of the sleek black Maxspect Gyre! Dual Gyre with basic controller (as seen in the CVTV videos). 35w version will cost approximately $300.00 with a 4200 gph flow rate."

Not nearly as excited about this anymore.

Ringo®;975856 wrote: From their Facebook page

"We just got pricing and the latest images of the sleek black Maxspect Gyre! Dual Gyre with basic controller (as seen in the CVTV videos). 35w version will cost approximately $300.00 with a 4200 gph flow rate."

Not nearly as excited about this anymore.

I dont think thats all that bad considering an MP40 is only up to 3200gph and its $400 for it...this is $300 for 4200gph seems about right. I think we all got spoiled with Jeabo prices....haha

Vortech isn't as ugly :yuk: thing looks like a double ended curling iron

I only recently bought an mp40/mp10 and I will never go back :shades:

Back