Riptide...seems interesting

Acroholic;991547 wrote: Here is a recent youtube video on the Maxspect Gyre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GID4pFUNJts">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GID4pFUNJts</a>[/QUOTE]

That is actually quite impressive. I was curious to see how the flow would be in a tank with rocks and sand. All the previous videos just showed an open tank with nothing in it. This video is really making me reconsider my options for my next tank.

Unboxing of first production unit:

wow-unboxing-maxspect-gyre

Guy is really impressed by his coworkers boxing ability. I'm excited to see more of this in action

indecloudzua;991770 wrote: Guy is really impressed by his coworkers boxing ability. I'm excited to see more of this in action

That's exactly what I was thinking. Its a metal box, we get it. I want to know more about the actual product! What an awkward interview.

Don't know if I like the fact that they include spare parts. Don't really know what to think about that. Are they expecting it to break?

heres a video a friend from another forum made, he seems really impressed with the unit, yes he got it for free, but no $ changed hands

watch

I don't think it is an issue of whether it moves a lot of water, but let's see if it is durable and hold up over time at the high price point it is at. Guarantee you that Gyre will be slapping water out of the tank at Power level 7. One of the main downfalls of rimless tanks. I cannot run the one MP40 I have on my 100 rimless at more than 40% power for the same reason.

Acroholic;991785 wrote: I don't think it is an issue of whether it moves a lot of water, but let's see if it is durable and hold up over time at the high price point it is at. Guarantee you that Gyre will be slapping water out of the tank at Power level 7. One of the main downfalls of rimless tanks. I cannot run the one MP40 I have on my 100 rimless at more than 40% power for the same reason.

very true, they have a made in china look to them. Time will tell

I would like to know how much the smaller version will cost. Does anyone know if there will be different modes or does it just blow at a constant speed?

Curtismaximus;991788 wrote: I would like to know how much the smaller version will cost. Does anyone know if there will be different modes or does it just blow at a constant speed?
It comes with a basic controller as shown on the video, but I also read a post from a reefer from Great Britain that there is an advanced controller that just went on sale there that has different modes, a la Vortech programs. Like a wave pattern with variable frequency, and others. If I remember where I read this, I'll post a link.

This is a separate purchase item, I believe.

Acroholic;991798 wrote: It comes with a basic controller as shown on the video, but I also read a post from a reefer from Great Britain that there is an advanced controller that just went on sale there that has different modes, a la Vortech programs. Like a wave pattern with variable frequency, and others. If I remember where I read this, I'll post a link.

This is a separate purchase item, I believe.

For $300 it should definitely be included.

I am hoping that someone will figure out a way to control it using Apex, that would seal the deal for me most likely. Hoping there will be a module or mod similar to the ones used for the Jebao pumps.

Just wanted to update some info directly from coralvue.

The first shipment of 50W pumps are now being shipped. So we should see some reviews, info, and videos up soon.

The 50W pump is recommend for tanks above 60 gallons. The website says 50-800 gallons but most people are saying a 50 gallon tank is way to small for the 50W.

The Gyre will be Apex compatible in late spring early summer. (I have a feeling someone will have a DIY verison before this date.)

The 35W Gyre will sell for $239.99 with a January release.

Here is a link to one that has been shipped already:
a>

ghbrewer;991848 wrote: I am hoping that someone will figure out a way to control it using Apex, that would seal the deal for me most likely. Hoping there will be a module or mod similar to the ones used for the Jebao pumps.
It'll be working on ReefAngel first (because they code themselves; remember who had the Jebao pumps running on controllers first? Ya not apex lol) then eventually apex will get support.

DavidinGA;993920 wrote: It'll be working on ReefAngel first (because they code themselves; remember who had the Jebao pumps running on controllers first? Ya not apex lol) then eventually apex will get support.

David, do you just hate all the good products? Lol

Back