Riptide...seems interesting

If it's a quality product and built in the states I might be interested. If it's built in China they can keep it.

It has been renamed Gyre Riptide Generator r/t trademark issues.

a>

indecloudzua;975888 wrote: If it's a quality product and built in the states I might be interested. If it's built in China they can keep it.

This is coralvue. 100% Chinese.

From Chris at coralvue:

The MP40 retails for $465.00 and the 35W RipTide Gyre at $300.00 is significantly cheaper. The Jebao pumps will be more conparable to the 25W RipTide, pricing hasn't been released yet.

Part of the argument for jaebos is that you could buy a few of them for the price of a vortech. Even though they don't seem to last as long and the customer service hasn't been great, the huge price difference creates most of the product value.

elFloyd;975882 wrote: Don't want to spend $300 to experiment... I'm out.

For the sake of full disclosure... One of these days I <u>might</u> change my mind.

Ringo®;970622 wrote: The rep from coral view said "if you can afford jebaos, you can afford a riptide"

Jebao's are like $100 and the riptide is 3x more... Dafaq is the rep talking about???

Says the 35 watt riptide is 300, the 25 watt(no price yet) will be more comparable to jebao

DavidinGA;978871 wrote: Jebao's are like $100 and the riptide is 3x more... Dafaq is the rep talking about???

Think he's just referring to how many you have to buy to get a couple years use out of it?

(sorry couldn't resist, just playing around)

DavidinGA;978871 wrote: Jebao's are like $100 and the riptide is 3x more... Dafaq is the rep talking about???

Or you need three Jeboa for the same flow coverage as one Riptide... dunno.

DavidinGA;979197 wrote: Not a chance.

One wp60 moves something like 6000gph and costs $100.

I was referring to flow area... propeller power heads have a focused flow pattern (I have two wp40s). The gyre flow is as wide as it's squirrel cage (impeller is not the right term).

Back