RK2 Logging Software Released

Showtime305 wrote: Doesn't each jack make a homerun to the patch panel.

I have no idea what this means. I wish I knew more about phone lines. I'll have to do some reading.

CGill311 wrote: It doesn't look like one of these splitters will even fit between the remote and pH probe connections, so one might have to buy a short extension cable to connect between the RKII and this splitter.

I figured it would be something strange like that. I know Digital Aquatics sells a splitter that works perfectly, but I was trying to get it locally first.

CGill311 wrote: I have no idea what this means. I wish I knew more about phone lines. I'll have to do some reading.

By homerun, I mean it runs directly to the patch panel with no stops in between wall jack and the patch panel. I said this because this means there may not be a link to the other jacks. As I said before this is just a thought.

Hey Cameron have you ever tried the new aquanotes from neptune?

a>

I did but found it lacking in the planner department as well as being pretty dated. Plus I have an RK2 so the interface part doesn't work to my knowledge.

My Home Depot had zilch in terms of 6 pin splitters and 6 pin extension cables. How was Lowes?

I tried rewiring a 4 pin splitter but discovered this wouldn't work, because the temp probe operates on pins 1 and 2. The PC serial cable uses pins 3, 4, and 6. So there's no way to rewire 5 wires to operate on a 4 pin splitter. I'll make a Radio Shack and Lowes run tomorrow to see what I can find.

I am curious to know how far you can run the split cable. Anyone try something over 10 or 20 feet?

The log info is stuffed into a file and read by the logviewer. It is pretty unsophisticated. Don't know why it took them so long to release it.

I happened to check the Walmart by my home since I was out today and they had the 3 female splitter and a 6" six connector cable. Both items combined cost about $12. I'll hook them up in the next hour or so.

Cameron wrote: The log info is stuffed into a file and read by the logviewer. It is pretty unsophisticated. Don't know why it took them so long to release it.

Yeah, I can't say I'm too impressed with it either. :boo:

I can't promise anything, but I am hoping my interface is at least a little more integrated.

This is as basic as it gets. Luckily DA said this is the beta app so I hope they plan on beefing it up.

The RK2 just doesn't have the interface for allowing two way communication from what I understand. Since this is log only, they can't do much with it. However for a first release of a datalogging app it could have been a bit better. I thought it was going to be really cool given how long they delayed the thing talking about bugs and such.

BTW, the com port for RK2 is running at baud=115200 parity=N data=8 stop=1. I haven't deciphered the ports on/off or the tiime yet, but the temp and PH are working in my program right now.

Back