Rockscape configuration #1

Again, not exactly like the original but close enough I guess. Jus leaving it alone to let the adhesive set. I didnt have any luck with the JB Watereeld, it just wont stick to the rock very well. It is dry, I tried to wet the surfaces some but that didnt work either so I just ended up using gel superglue stuff that was recommended somewhere here.

Attachments

• 20200208_091518.jpg
    20200208_091518.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • 20200208_091554.jpg
    20200208_091554.jpg
    530.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200208_091434.jpg
    20200208_091434.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 30
Does anyone think it is too much rock? Does the left side look too much like a rock wall? The "wall of rock" I've heard references to?

Looks great! I have a similar layout, wish I had your tank real estate :)

Again, not exactly like the original but close enough I guess. Jus leaving it alone to let the adhesive set. I didnt have any luck with the JB Watereeld, it just wont stick to the rock very well. It is dry, I tried to wet the surfaces some but that didnt work either so I just ended up using gel superglue stuff that was recommended somewhere here.
i like the look of that scape when i did mine i used aquaforest stone fix cement to keep it all together i wish i did mine like yours with the connected 3 pillars but im terrible at doin scapes always have been lol

Attachments

• 20200203_100936.jpg
    20200203_100936.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
i like the look of that scape when i did mine i used aquaforest stone fix cement to keep it all together i wish i did mine like yours with the connected 3 pillars but im terrible at doin scapes always have been lol
I like yours. I wanted ours like that but my husband like the caves and arches.

You did amazing, that looks great! I suck at aquascapes, I understand why you would need to cuss but per the rules I edited the post.

I put several caves/arches in mine. You really can't see them in this photo, but they are used allot. I arranged mine so I could have plenty of room for corals. This system has been running since May of last year. All the corals were frags except the bird's nest at the top. It is almost grown an inch all over since I got it in July.

IMG_1760 (1).JPG

I put several caves/arches in mine. You really can't see them in this photo, but they are used allot. I arranged mine so I could have plenty of room for corals. This system has been running since May of last year. All the corals were frags except the bird's nest at the top. It is almost grown an inch all over since I got it in July.

Nice!!

See - what I'm missing are the overhangs! I didn't leave any areas for low-light corals to hide : /

The hard stuff will just have to grow out and make shade for the softies : D

Tell you what I've noticed. All of you claiming to have no skills at aquascape are very bad liars! :) Each of your aquascapes look excellent to me! Then again, maybe my bifocals are out of focus!:D:D

Tell you what I've noticed. All of you claiming to have no skills at aquascape are very bad liars! :) Each of your aquascapes look excellent to me! Then again, maybe my bifocals are out of focus!:D:D
I completely agree! They all look great! This was our first time ever so I'm happy everyone likes it.

Back