Should I upgrade

johnr2604;239020 wrote: I would stab my eyes out with a fork before I would buy from glass cages

Have you owned one of their tanks? I had a 240 cube that was really nice. Had no issues other then heavy as hell.

a>

A lot of people say bad things about glasscages but most people who say things have never owned one of their tanks. I have a 240 and they did a great job on it. I have no issues with it at all. I know 6 other people with tanks from them and not one person has had an issue.

46bfinga;239092 wrote: Have you owned one of their tanks? I had a 240 cube that was really nice. Had no issues other then heavy as hell.
No and never will. I was going to order a tank from them and the people that I PM'd that had them said the quality was poor. It is a well known fact that there customer service sucks. If you got good service then that is great but you are one of the few, so why take the chance when there are other manufacturers out there.

How about this. Dont take my word for it just go over to RC and do some research and draw your own conclusions.

No need to get offensive. I know all about Glasscages reputation. I have heard bad things about plenty of other Manuf. also. Don't knock the company without having one of there tanks first hand.

FWIW, Tthey are cheap and for the size tank that he needs he would be perfectly happy with a tank from Glasscages. If it was 200 gallons+, I would probably spend the money and go somewhere else.

I'm not getting offensive. I concured that he should research it himself. Like I said I have not owned one but was thinking about one for myself and did research. I decided to go another route because of the reviews I got.

Fish tanks direct is acrylic so if i go that route i'll get woody to do it

With acrylic you just have to be carefull getting sand in your magfloat. You can buy some filter pad from SWC and use it to clean your tank. You just have to stay up on your cleanings and not let it get out of hand. I will be experiencing the same problems soon. Im worried but I think with some vigilence and some patience it should be ok. Atleast scratches can be buffed out.

I owned several glasscages tanks..Including the 240 gal with the starfire glass presently in my den. I am planning to get a frag tank from them soon. I fully would recommend them. You can't beat their prices.

Back