Show Me Your … Rocks!

This is my 29 gal. I like the tonga support look. On my 92, I'm thinking of more like in that reefcentral link, ie the "bonzai" open water style.
SANY2546.jpg
>
th_SANY2546.jpg
alt="" /></a>
SANY2537.jpg
>
th_SANY2537.jpg
alt="" /></a>

purpleGORILLA;153209 wrote: Here is mine. Nothing fancy. Just basically stack them up and pray they don't fall over. The tank is still new. Its only about 6 weeks old.

Hey man! That looks great! Thats a lot of rock!

Jeff.mcphail;155348 wrote: Here are a couple pics of the rockwork in my 120g. I am guessing just a little over 200lbs:thumbs:

Nice scaping Jeff! Thats a beautiful set up.
Thats some serious boulderage.
One day my friend!

:thumbs:

corvettecris;155384 wrote: This is my 29 gal. I like the tonga support look. On my 92, I'm thinking of more like in that reefcentral link, ie the "bonzai" open water style.
SANY2546.jpg
>
th_SANY2546.jpg
alt="" /></a>
SANY2537.jpg
>
th_SANY2537.jpg
alt="" /></a>
Really nice! So...what kind of rock is that in the lower left? Kind of branchy looking?
Thanks!

Here's a pic from when I first set up my tank, about 1 1/2 years ago:

Fullcrop2-c.jpg
alt="" />

Here's a fairly recent pic:

FTS1-c-e-s.jpg
alt="" />

I've realized that my uppermost rocks are a little too close to the surface fo the water- not quite enough room for the acros to grow.

BASSCYN;155802 wrote: Really nice! So...what kind of rock is that in the lower left? Kind of branchy looking?
Thanks!

I'm fairly certain that's tonga branch, like the piece on the right side of my tank.

Chemically_Balanced;155895 wrote: I DON'T THINK YOU GUYS ARE REALLY IN THE SAME LEAGUE

LOL Move the rock two inches to the left and it'll be perfect!

wbholwell;155896 wrote: LOL Move the rock two inches to the left and it'll be perfect!

Thanks I've been wanting another opinion. I've also flipped the rock the other directions a couple times. Really makes the tank look and feel different.

wbholwell;155882 wrote: I'm fairly certain that's tonga branch, like the piece on the right side of my tank.

Exactly right. I got it from Cappuccino Bay. They have a bunch right now (just got it in a week or two ago) and it is great for creating tunnels and caves if you combine it with other rock. It's expensive though, and runs about $8 a lbs. Thats why I have just a little...:(

Chemically_Balanced;155895 wrote: I DON'T THINK YOU GUYS ARE REALLY IN THE SAME LEAGUE

DSC02768.jpg
alt="" />

Woah.

Expression. Attitude. Insight. Art.

I do what I can. If you look hard enough you can see the silicone is in very strategic locations and patterns on the bottom of the tank. Make no mistake that alot of time a effort went into this arrangement.

BASSCYN;155231 wrote: That looks really nice. How did you do that? Rods?
Thanks!

Just build.I do not use any suport.Midle of the rosks I build platform from rocks and build second level on the platform.Now three days ago I add more rocks maby 30 lb .Looks so diferent now.

DSC02768.jpg
alt="" />

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And the sandscaping on the bottom.It must`ve taken You hours to get that perfect look!I vote it tank of the month!!!!!
Is that a ghost coral at the top of the rockwork?

Back