Sick fish?

Update, I just dipped the tang for ten mins and he is in the qt now. I currently am dipping the clowns too then they will also go in the qt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcf5354702b02a0667dc63b19845d6e0.jpg
alt="" />

The hardest thing for me was trying to avoid being tempted to re-stock the tank too early. The longer you wait, the higher the percentage of success. Good Luck.

Sica118;1033841 wrote:
dcf5354702b02a0667dc63b19845d6e0.jpg
alt="" />

Looks good. Did the white grains "drop" off the fish? The fish should feel a lot better temporarily. A good shot of the fish again would help. I figured that tang was larger than that. Guess photos can be deceiving.

Cover the QT tank with a towel to avoid light getting in and keep the heat (if it is new) around 80-85.

Change the water every 24-72 hours for the next couple weeks or medicate (there are tons of ich meds)

Im surprised you dipped the clowns lol. Good job staying on top of it.

A tell-tale sign of ich is when they start swimming sideways and trying to swipe their sides on the sand or live rock. It looks like you have it under control for now.

As far as the display tank goes... just let it do it's thing now that it doesnt have a host to reproduce and vacuum the sand. I may be missing something but this will get you where you need to be.

I see you are in Senoia. PM me I would be willing to give you a hand. Also I have an Xtra 20 Long QT if you want to set one up I have everything tank wise to get you started. I will help you with the fresh water dip and transfer to quarentine. Hopefully keep the other fish from getting sick also. I live in Sharpsburg.

Oh yeah... super huge improvement.

While I don't suggest this for all fish, i generally FW dip all my fish before they go in my display.

Looks like most of those visible ich spots fell off or exploded during osmosis. Keep in mind though, that even though you may not see them, or see few.... there are a ton in there.

Should be fine after 2 weeks, but I think others do it for longer (6 weeks).

I'd defer to other members on their methods.

The important thing is your fish wont die SOON and you have it under control.

Nice bro I replyed too late and was going to offer some help I'm in Sharpsburg. I started responding last night and phone died didn't see that you had taken care of it. Good job.

Yeah I'm going to leave them in there for about a month and keep the tank running for new fish that a buy.

Yeah with the help and support from everyone here I think I got it under control. Thank you everyone for the quick feedback and helping me take care of this problem. It Is much appreciated.

Nice save :) How are the fish doing now?

Make sure you keep a close eye on the water quality in that QT (quarantine) tank, as with a quick set up the water can foul quickly.

Are you medicating the fish, or just watching and waiting?

Jenn

Well guys I have bad news. The tang is no longer with us. The clowns don't look to good either. Everything was doing great in my qt. however, when I put copper safe in the tank everything started to go down hill. Has anyone here ever used coppersafe or has anyone heard anything about it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sica118;1035234 wrote: Well guys I have bad news. The tang is no longer with us. The clowns don't look to good either. Everything was doing great in my qt. however, when I put copper safe in the tank everything started to go down hill. Has anyone here ever used coppersafe or has anyone heard anything about it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

man i am sorry to hear. sucks to lose one of our babies.

tbh i dont use medication for ich. i do a 75% change of qt every 3-4 days and lights out the whole time at 85 degrees. (after the fw dip)

That's what I should have continued to do instead of adding copper.

Sica118;1035241 wrote: That's what I should have continued to do instead of adding copper.

dont take my word as gospel my friend. many reefers have been successful with medications. sucks you werent.

i honestly avoid medication unless it is soaking prazipro/antibiotics to food. or if the tank is threatened under nuclear war (tank crash)

you have clowns yet to save. so all isnt lost.

One is on the verge I feel. Swimming upside down, falling to the bottom of the tank.

Sica118;1035244 wrote: One is on the verge I feel. Swimming upside down, falling to the bottom of the tank.

make a fresh batch of water asap and slap him in there.

do you have a bubbler in ur qt?

Back