Sick fish?

Sica118;1035246 wrote: No I don't all I have is an emperor 400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they may have died due to lack of oxygen. you need to keep the surface of the water turbulant or they will die eventually.
for now just get the water changed as much as you can. the temp cannot drop below 73 degrees

Russ-IV;1035248 wrote: they may have died due to lack of oxygen. you need to keep the surface of the water turbulant or they will die eventually.
for now just get the water changed as much as you can. the temp cannot drop below 73 degrees

you can use treated tap water for fish in qt. (only fish)

Sica118;1035251 wrote: I have 20 g of filtered water

it can be tap as long as it is of temperature. target 79 degrees. you arent saving a goniopora here

Russ-IV;1035252 wrote: it can be tap as long as it is of temperature. target 79 degrees. you arent saving a goniopora here

if you have a hydrometer target 1.020 not the regular 1.025-1.026 of sea water

Sica118;1035260 wrote: Okay she is just laying on her side.

make a cyclone in the tank with your hand and see if she comes too. whats the temp, salinity of the new water?

btw dont cyclone forever... just need a response from her. more will just freak her out.

k well since i havent received a response in a while. throw an air stone in there and wait til morning. i think the depleted oxygen did the fish in. if that is the case they will look dead and on their side but will come to in a few hours.

1.020 salinity
78-79 temp

and good luck

Get rid of the Copper Safe. Did you get the FW version or the SW version? (there are 2).

It's not a good choice for tangs, IME - they don't tolerate it well. Clowns can be hit or miss with it too, as you're seeing.

If you MUST use a copper treatment, ONLY use Seachem Cupramine, it's much less harsh.

Are you testing for the copper level? Overdosing is deadly with any copper medication. It's kind of like chemotherapy insofar as it is toxic to the patient, the trick is to have it strong enough to kill the parasite, but not kill the patient.

Jenn

JennM;1035275 wrote: Get rid of the Copper Safe. Did you get the FW version or the SW version? (there are 2).

It's not a good choice for tangs, IME - they don't tolerate it well. Clowns can be hit or miss with it too, as you're seeing.

If you MUST use a copper treatment, ONLY use Seachem Cupramine, it's much less harsh.

Are you testing for the copper level? Overdosing is deadly with any copper medication. It's kind of like chemotherapy insofar as it is toxic to the patient, the trick is to have it strong enough to kill the parasite, but not kill the patient.

Jenn

while i agree with you. he also stated his qt didnt have an airstone. a week of saturated water would do any fish in.

If there was water moving, it's likely not a low oxygen problem, but we'll never know for sure one way or the other. I just know from personal experience that tangs don't tolerate most copper products very well at all.

Could also be a water quality issue or a combination of issues.

Jenn

JennM;1035280 wrote: If there was water moving, it's likely not a low oxygen problem, but we'll never know for sure one way or the other. I just know from personal experience that tangs don't tolerate most copper products very well at all.

Could also be a water quality issue or a combination of issues.

Jenn

you saw his qt pic right?

a week without any movement is going to kill any fish. tang or not.

I am not saying you are wrong... but i wouldnt dismiss the obvious

I saw a picture of a tank with a hang on power filter. Did I miss something?

Back