Starfish murder?

vols22

Market
Reaction score
My sand sifting starfish has been destroyed by something in my tank...trying to find the culprit. It was all fleshy and looked picked at. Figured it might be my mccoskers wrasse or my fire shrimp. Maybe even the red legged hermits. Anyone have this experience with the inverts or fish I listed? Sucks to lose him, had him for like 6 months now. Even named him Patrick after SpongeBob.

None of those listed will do anything to the starfish... When they die they decompose very rapidly and it looks like something may have torn it up. That's my guess. RIP Patrick.

I've had a Gorilla crabs pinch arms off my stars. I don't see anything you listed doing that kind of damage to it. Are you keeping the sand "Dirty" enough to keep it fed?

Yeah sand bed is deep and definitely dirty. It didn't starve because after one leg was ripped off he was still moving around. I was guessing something finished him off. Could an acro have cut it's leg off? Or any other coral? No crabs in there either...might get one now though.

Back