Started Introduction of new Yellow-stripped Maroon

If you have a single clown it's a female. If you have more than one clown, the largest one is the female. If the female dies, her breeding male becomes a female and the next subdominant male become the breeding male. The female will always be much larger than the male. The small male will grow large when he changes sexes.

Your best shot at getting a male is picking a smaller specimen from a group of juveniles. This will assure you're getting a male and there will be less fighting for the female position when introduced.

well I just wanted to update my female turned on my clown this weekend after several weeks of sexy time. I had to rearrange the rockwork to make my frogspawn fit after that my female became really aggresive and bit of the dorsal fin of my male. The male is in my sump and I will try to reintroduce them soon. Hopefully less aggression.

I have my male in an egg crate container which he could go in and out of but the female is too large to get into it. After a couple of days he would swim out anytime the female came up to the container and he would shimmy next to her and then she would let him swim beside her. As she got further away from the container he would turn and go back to it. I figured she had accepted him so I took the container out. Big mistake. She immediately went after him and I had to disrupt the attack. I put the container back in and he immediately went back into it before I even had it attached. Luckily, he didn't seem to be hurt at all. Since then he would still come out to her whenever she got near and she would let him swim with her. Last night he stayed out with her for about an hour but still went back to the container when the lights went out. At this point I'm just going to leave the container in until he leaves it for good all by himself.

The little guy has been staying out of the egg crate most of the time but was still going back in it when the lights went out. Last night the female kept trying to get him to go behind the rocks with her after the lights went out but he finally went back to the egg crate again. This morning I took the egg crate out of the tank so we'll see how it goes through the day and once the lights got out tonight.

Nice work Bud I may need to borrow that fish egg crate my male is still living in the sump. Ive been to nervous to reintroduce him.

Stroid;96514 wrote: Nice work Bud I may need to borrow that fish egg crate my male is still living in the sump. Ive been to nervous to reintroduce him.

Hopefully, I won't need it anymore so you are welcome to give it a try. Just let me know!

Here's my female, she's about 4.5 inches nose to tail.

MClown003.jpg
alt="" />

Wow, that's pretty cool! Let me know if you want to get that dangerous RBTA out of your tank. I would risk it to come take it out of your tank. Just for your safety, of course.

definitly very dangerous I bet you would take my 8-10" RBTA ...if my RBTA ever spilts ill let you know although Victor has first dibs

Budsreef;96528 wrote: Wow, that's pretty cool! Let me know if you want to get that dangerous RBTA out of your tank. I would risk it to come take it out of your tank. Just for your safety, of course.

HAHA, yea.. it got me good handling from the bucket, I never use gloves :eek: but I'm going to start... He keeps moving up on my corals though, I may have to move him if he gets over the zoas. He would kill them for sure with the sting

EANDREWS;96532 wrote: HAHA, yea.. it got me good handling from the bucket, I never use gloves :eek: but I'm going to start... He keeps moving up on my corals though, I may have to move him if he gets over the zoas. He would kill them for sure with the sting
not from my experience mine just causes the zoas to close up and when the nem moves they open back up. It did kill 2 heads of my candycane though.

Stroid;96531 wrote: definitly very dangerous I bet you would take my 8-10" RBTA ...if my RBTA ever spilts ill let you know although Victor has first dibs

You got that right. I hope someone comes up with one for Victor and Russ soon so they quit wimpering every time one gets mentioned.

Back