Tank Back Panel Cracked Today

At that price, you are better getting a 40g breeder (36" long) from Petco. The have other sizes available for $1 per gallon as well. Surely they have one in the Columbus area. Not only are you spending $30 plus for the glass, but then you also have your time needed to seal the tank.

mred;988928 wrote: At that price, you are better getting a 40g breeder (36" long) from Petco. The have other sizes available for $1 per gallon as well. Surely they have one in the Columbus area. Not only are you spending $30 plus for the glass, but then you also have your time needed to seal the tank.

I don't like the way braced tanks look. Besides, it would better to restore the tank I have than to buy a cheaper tank and have just some glass panels laying around. There is only a $20 difference.

I'm glad I waited to buy the glass. The measurements of the front and back piece are 35 1/2" and not 36" as Innovative Marine states. All the panels are 1/2" short.

MarquiseO;988991 wrote: I'm glad I waited to buy the glass. The measurements of the front and back piece are 35 1/2" and not 36" as Innovative Marine states. All the panels are 1/2" short.
that wouldve have been bad, glad you got the exact measurements before buying it

If that's an IM tank, I'd dump it and get a new one. That model in particular blows out due to poor manufacturing and poor engineering. Replacing the glass will only buy time before it happens again.

They've since changed the specs of that tank due to the blow-outs.

Skriz;989055 wrote: If that's an IM tank, I'd dump it and get a new one. That model in particular blows out due to poor manufacturing and poor engineering. Replacing the glass will only buy time before it happens again.

They've since changed the specs of that tank due to the blow-outs.

It's not the 16g. It was the 30L. Since I have taken it apart and will reseal it together once I get the back pane, it will no longer have the crappy work of IM.

Glad you caught it when you did! My tank is an IM I'm pretty sure, this scares me!
Isn't that what Rit sells, rimless, 3 sides starfire? That's where mine came from, crap!

Camellia;989070 wrote: Glad you caught it when you did! My tank is an IM I'm pretty sure, this scares me!
Isn't that what Rit sells, rimless, 3 sides starfire? That's where mine came from, crap!

I am not sure. I have only been to his store once or twice. Yes, from your description, it sounds like the 30L. If it's 36x15x13 AIO, then yes that is the tank. The FUSION 30L.

jrhunter0000;989115 wrote: This blows. Sorry to hear man. Hope you find a alternative soon :(

Thanks!

So, I went to LTR-Glass during lunch with the piece broken off and the sale rep informed me that they can't do flat polished edges but yesterday I was told different. I decided to go to the secondary place which could do flat polished edges and was given a cheaper price for 10mm 35 1/2" x13" for $49. It will be ready Monday. I will start the siliconing process Monday night.

MarquiseO;989158 wrote: Thanks!

So, I went to LTR-Glass during lunch with the piece broken off and the sale rep informed me that they can't do flat polished edges but yesterday I was told different. I decided to go to the secondary place which could do flat polished edges and was given a cheaper price for 10mm 35 1/2" x13" for $49. It will be ready Monday. I will start the siliconing process Monday night.

That's funny they flat polished for me, when I asked. Glad you got a cheaper price though

shawn_patterson;989186 wrote: That's funny they flat polished for me, when I asked. Glad you got a cheaper price though
I guess that rep didn't know because she kept telling me that they can do round edges at most but the one on the phone, yesterday, told me that they can do flat.

We discontinued the old IM models because of really bad blow out issues and the sump area divider would come loose often times. I hear it's fixed in the new models.

Don't put a glass tank on foam. That may have contributed to the problem.

Jenn

Glass tank that comes with a mat?

Hmm... never heard of that.

What kind of tank is it?

JennM;989338 wrote: Glass tank that comes with a mat?

Hmm... never heard of that.

What kind of tank is it?

Innovative marine 30L

They call it leveling mat.

Back