tank of the month

victor626nj

Market
Reaction score
i was wondering why we the arc dont have a tank of the month and why and if we could have one? there are alot of beautiful tanks in the club and i think it would be something new for us to do? so what do you guys think should we have a tank of the moth or not?

There isn't enough active/willing people on this forum, or their tank is just not the extremely nice like the ones on RC. We can give it a try.

i would have to disagree with you on that one i just went on the tour of tanks this month and saw 5 beautiful tanks plus it gives us all a chance to see what everyones tank looks like and people can get more into details about what is behind there system jmo

yeah i def think it would be interesting to have a tank of the month. i dunno about having any sort of prize though

I am for a tank of the month. I would hope one day that I could get my tank to the place where I could be that.

Maybe a "tank of the quarter" instead of a tank of the month. There'd only be 4 per year.

I'm all for a totm or one per quarter. Its sometimes hard for some people to get around for the tour of tanks and this is a nice way to see more members tanks and see their setups.

We don't have an ARC tank of the month for the same reason we don't have a lot of things- nobody will step up and see it through. We've got over 400 members and only a small handful that take responsibility and do something for the club. If someone wants to make it happen, then we can do whatever...

well if thats the case, I'll sign up for it.... granted next month I'm getting married so I might not be available for a couple weeks but that shouldnt impead on making that happen.

stevhan that would be very nice, although its not needed, but very much appreciated.

glxtrix;52373 wrote: stevhan that would be very nice, although its not needed, but very much appreciated.
If we do it quarterly I'll do the $10 for each winner. I can't really do much more than that at the moment though.....you guys help me out enough so Im just getting you back.

FutureInterest;52382 wrote: It'd be my pleasure to help coordinate the TOTM for ARC!
that would be cool future.....b y the way how is the new addition to the family congrats man

I am not for monthly as that is too much work and not enough to go around, but quarterly seems like a good idea. Even bi-annually or annually would work well.

i agree with the quarterly, it will also give time for newly established tanks to be shown as they grow in a little better. I think we should have a theme for each totm though, like nano, medium, large, and extra large systems.

I think one tank a month is just fine. I don't mind the "work" involved, it would be a pleasure. Also, we've got a lot more than 12 worthy tanks on here for the first year :). It's not about just the biggest and most expensive tanks or even the most well established. I think we all want to see a wide variety of successful tanks featured every month to give us ideas and inspiration. It's a good thing :).

TOTM or TOTQ would be a wonderful idea if we could get a "committee" setup by members and monitored.

Back