tank of the month

glxtrix;53555 wrote: oh crap man I didnt even see your post about the featured tank, I'm sorry if you think I was stepping on your toes man, totally didnt mean that.

Ok- cool - I wondered why you had an attitude all of a sudden... it was a bit out of character. :)

ah no man if of anyone on this forum I'm the one whos always laid back and chill...and not to mention I'ld never do anything to try to undermine you or steal your ideas. Yeah I just got a lil botherd why we cant figure out anyting here, it kinda sad, but hopefully there will be a person in charge of all this, wether it be me or whomever and we can get a lil soemthing setup so we can see peoples tanks.

Showtime305;53687 wrote: Ok. I have a away to get this over with. The next person to post in this thread heads this project.

glxtrix;53688 wrote: I'ld still be willing to head it but like I had stated earlier, I'm limited with time to actually goto places or meet a lot....but I could make time with enough notice and I do have unlimited time online seeing I work infront of a computer 12+ hrs a day. I agree tho that we should submit names as to who is interested and then the BOD should decide who would best fit the title to run this. So I guess I'll start by sayin, I'll gladly run this....so who ever is interested, just state it again and hopefully with talks to Tony, Chris or whoever the names need to be ran by then a decision can be made.

Okay Lee... Tag! You're it! Now choose your committee and keep us updated.

Just to clarify, the objective of the BoD in all of this isn't to make a selection on who we think can best do the job; its for the job to just get done. Anyone can make it happen... all you need to do is start :)

I would be glad to help with photography. I am an amature but my nikon d40 is great. here is an example of a recent shot I took of my red sea sail fin
DSC_0035.jpg
alt="" />

alright guys it really excites me to be head of this :) My Finacee leaves tomorrow morning for we are doing wedding things now, tomorrow I'll post some more info as to where this thread is going to go.... For right now, if youre interested in helping, tho I havnt planned out certain jobs yet, please feel free to PM me. I think I can start off with anyone who would like to help with taking pics or is english savy with writing, please PM so I can get a few people together as my reporting team :) Oh, and please me a member of the reef club, sorry non-members....but its a good reason to join! Dawgdude, I'll have you down as someone to help, thanks for your interest. Fancyfish, please PM me with a header for photography so I can have you listed in my PM box. Thanks guys!

I can help with....whatever you need me too.....I have a bit of time. haha.

I've been out of the loop for a week with all sorts of newborns but am still willing to help out in any manner or form. Pm sent to our coordinator Lee :).

Futureinterest
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! on the newborns Hope everyone is doing well and hope everyone is healthy

I'd be glad to help with writing, proofreading, etc.

Here's what I would envision for a write-up:

1. History
a. inspiration of this tank
b. timeline for current set up
c. mistakes made along the way (and what was done to rectify them)
d. what might have been learned by the creator of this tank

2. Bio of the *Tank Master* (This would be something similar to *Notes About the Author* on a book cover)
a. introduced to the hobby, how?
b. brief personal info (age, gender, occupation, etc.
c. how long in the hobby
d. other interests
e. whatever anyone is willing to share ~ I realize some would be more private than others.

3. Contents of the Tank
a. substrate
b. corals
c. inverts
d. fish
e. what worked and what didn't
f. anything unique, rare or special

3. Specs
a. dimensions
b. gallons
c. glass/acrylic
d. etc.

4. Equipment
a. filtration & filtration media
b. lights
c. sump(s)
d. refugiums
e. etc. (whatever you guys throw in there ~ I'm new to this)

5. Innovations & Upgrades
a. DIY
b. brainstorms
c. inventions

6. Maintenance
a. water changes/top-offs
b. dosing/additives
c. cleaning
d. monitoring
e. testing

------------------------------------------
That's pretty incomplete and not well thought out, but you get the idea.

If I were a newcomer opening the webpage for the first time and saw a banner with *Featured Tank Of The Month (or Quarter)*</em>, I'd want to know everything about that *wowzer tank* and how I might be able to reproduce something similar.

Just the ramblings of a noob. Let me know if ya'll need any secretarial help.

~Linda

Back