Teaching Marine Biology HELP!!!:)

Can someone post a link to our big frag meeting we are going to have?? I don't know how to from my phone. I think this would be a great opportunity to meet some of the top folks in the field of reef conservation. Let her see how fragging corals is done and how we aquaculture locally :). I think it would be a great class to attend. Also they give away free corals to everyone you could share what you learned in the class with your class and bring back presents to share. So someone please help outand post the link ty

showthread.php

I am planning on attending the Frag meeting next Saturday with a few of my students. I look forward to learing more and meeting some of you (if you are attending).

I appreciate your help with our fish list. I think we have a good list ready.:yay:

That's great to see you wil be coming. So what did you decide for a fish list? I can probably print you out some fact sheets for you on those specific fish you decided on. I'll do my best to bring it with me to the meeting.

My students and I have decided the fish we would like to add to our tank (thanks to the advice of many of you!!!!) Here it goes!
<ul>
<li>Kole Yellow Eye Tang</li>
<li>Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse</li>
<li>Blue/Green Chromis (multiple)</li>
<li>Clownfish</li>
<li>Yellow Prawn Goby and Red Banded Snapping Shrimp</li>
<li>Spotted Cardinalfish (multiple)</li>
<li>Royal Gramma Basslet</li>
</ul>So, what do you think? These are some beautiful fish and will hopefully be happy in our beloved tank. First, we have to get our water parameters right. Working on salinity and reducing phosphates. We will be getting lighting, mangroves, and macro algae in the refugium ASAP!

I truly appreciate your interest, advice, and enthusiasm! Hope to see y'all at the Frag meeting on the 12th.

Excellent stocklist IMO. You'll need to make some mesh tops because the wrasses are prone to jumping, but they are worth it.
Edit: I'd probably get two clowns (small ones). They usually bond and stay with each other, though they don't always spawn.

Shrimpy Brains is donating 2 of her baby clowns again and some macros :D

Great job on the fish list!!!

I will see you again this coming week for a water change.

Hi everyone!

I'm excited about the meeting on Saturday! I'll be there with about 4 of my students. Please come and meet us if you see us. If you have any ideas that you think would make good museum exhibits, we'd love to hear them.

BTW, the HA problem looks SO MUCH BETTER since we reduced the lighting time.

Back