Tiny pumps in!

skriz

Reaction score
I got my tiny powerheads from fraggle reef...these things are small! Perfect for descrete gentle flow.

So Cameron, how are we going to mod these? :D
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
109063=6716-DSC04521.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
109063=6716-DSC04521.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="DSC04521.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Start with making some better mounts...the suction cups suck.

i wonder if mine are here??? something exciting to wait for now only 1 more hour at work

No mods for me. My days of modding stuff to make it better are over. Now I just plan on using it as is.

tommygunn17;109080 wrote: What Size Tank/ How Many Did U Order.

I ordered 6.

I have some dead spots in my tank that I need stirring up a bit. These things are supposed to put out 200-250 gph, which is plenty for what I want to do.

impressive little powerhead no complaints on the flow it pushes out my complaint is the suction cups I cant get it to stay stuck the glass longer then say 2min :(

hm..... If/when mine come in, I'll silicone one of them to my old magnet tank cleaner. If it messes up the pump, what have I lost.... five bucks?

<span style="font-family: Verdana;">I wrote this on the original thread:</span>
<span style="font-family: Verdana;">I got my pumps today. They are the cutest thing. So small but pack a punch. </span>
<span style="font-family: Verdana;">I tried one just to see and boy, I got some angry corals&#8230; the amazing thing about them is that they are so small that they can be placed almost anywhere. I&#8217;m going to put 4 of them to replace 2 Seio 620.</span>
<span style="font-family: Verdana;">One thing to notice, all you wavemaker folks, these are not DC pumps. The power supply say input 120V AC output 24V AC. At first I didn&#8217;t believe it so I got a readout using a multimeter &#8211; 30V AC&#8230; so I guess these will might have the same issue other pumps would have if put on a wavemaker.</span>

So Cameron, what does that mean for a wavemaker? I really don't get the AC vs. DC for pumps on wavemakers.

Prop driven AC pumps on wavemakers is generally speaking a bad idea. If you don't mind the prop clank and possibly shortening the lifespan, then they work just fine. On these little guys you probably won't even notice them on a wavemaker. Unmodded maxijets can be run on a wavemaker as well because of how they work.

How are these working out so far? If they are ok I am in need of 2 if someone got extra.

I love it.... it's cute and small and actually gives a good punch..... I have an extra one in Atlanta if anyone is in need.....

Skriz;109092 wrote: I ordered 6.

I have some dead spots in my tank that I need stirring up a bit. These things are supposed to put out 200-250 gph, which is plenty for what I want to do.

Hum, 750? Turnover of 10x/hour (for ease of numbers)?
750 * 10 = 7500
250gph pumps?
7500 / 250 = 30
Ordered 6?
30 - 6 = 24

Results: You only need to order 24 more and you're set. lol

Of all people, I was wondering why you had a "tiny pumps" thread. I figured you used Mag 18s for your "little" dead spots. :D

<span style="font-family: Verdana;">When I got them I was very excited to try them out that I disregarded the poor packaging. The pumps were basically dumped in a USPS paper envelope without any padding… my package came ripped and the interesting thing is that there were stamps on the envelope stating the post office received the package ripped.</span>
<span style="font-family: Verdana;">I have inspected the pump and they looked ok. A couple wouldn’t start but a little twist on the output nozzle would make it go.</span>
<span style="font-family: Verdana;">I put 4 in my 46g bow. I love the flow and the fact that you can spread much more then if you would have 2 equivalent seio. You would have to really clean your glass to have them stick… I used a scraper. The suction cups are tiny and don’t have a lot of surface area. Another notable thing is that one or two would not start after they have been stopped. I’m used to stop all flow in my tank at feeding time and noticed that sometimes one or two wouldn’t start. And it wasn’t the same one. Again, a twist on the output nozzle (sometime a whack as well) would do the trick to restart them. </span>
<span style="font-family: Verdana;">I would be interested to see if anybody tried putting them on a wave maker. IMHO they would fail miserably…</span>

<span style="font-family: Verdana;">The disheartening part is that after a few days I started noticing what I can only describe as rust… upon closed inspection I discovered 2 pumps are cracked, most likely from the poor packing. I have contacted fragglereef and waiting on resolution.</span>

olds350racer;112049 wrote: Hum, 750? Turnover of 10x/hour (for ease of numbers)?
750 * 10 = 7500
250gph pumps?
7500 / 250 = 30
Ordered 6?
30 - 6 = 24

Results: You only need to order 24 more and you're set. lol

Of all people, I was wondering why you had a "tiny pumps" thread. I figured you used Mag 18s for your "little" dead spots. :D

I have a hammerhead (5850 gph) and 2 tunze 6200's (10,000 gph) for flow..I don't NEED these to supply all the flow to my tank. There are spots where I need a little flow to kick up the debris (light flow which can be accomplished by tiny pumps). If anyone is trying to accomplish all flow with these pumps, then they're fools!

haninja, let us know what happens with the pumps. I was lucky and all of mine work just fine!

Skriz;112067 wrote: I have a hammerhead (5850 gph) and 2 tunze 6200's (10,000 gph) for flow..I don't NEED these to supply all the flow to my tank. There are spots where I need a little flow to kick up the debris (light flow which can be accomplished by tiny pumps). If anyone is trying to accomplish all flow with these pumps, then they're fools!

I was just kidding around with ya. I know your purpose. When I started reading this thread I just had this image of your tank with 30-40 tiny pumps (and cords) and it made me chuckle. :)

olds350racer;112078 wrote: I was just kidding around with ya. I know your purpose. When I started reading this thread I just had this image of your tank with 30-40 tiny pumps (and cords) and it made me chuckle. :)

LOl! I think that would be SWEET!

man these things pop up every few months.

They are great for about a month or so, but after that they start breaking.

Best bet is to never take them apart to clean them...EVER. Might last up to 6 months that way. Once you open them up they usually dont go back together.

Back