Trey's New 115g

Thanks Pranoti! We've been working hard on creating something unique. I was up there a couple weekends ago and never did catch a peak at the custom stand Chris was building for you. How did it turn out?

Trey I LOVE the stand. It's 3ft tall and perfect for what I need. Chris did a great job.
I will post pics soon.

Couple more pics of it going together. Today I will attach the external overflow. Paint the back tommorow. The tape was there to help me be cleaner and crisper, well did not help much.:mad2:
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
353149=17305-Picture 133.jpg
>
353149=17305-Picture 133.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Picture 133.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
353149=17306-Picture 134.jpg
>
353149=17306-Picture 134.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Picture 134.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Wow Chris, it's really taken shape hasn't it? I'm not sure what you mean by the tape not helping, it looks pretty clean and crisp to me! Maybe you shouldn't take any macro shots just yet, huh? :) Are we going to leave all but the front glass of the overflow box clear? So that way I can inspect from the sides?

Is that a big SCRATCH on the the upper left of the back glass?!?!?:eek::D

Yes the overflow box will be clear, from the front though all you will see is black.

My photography skills leave alot to be desired.

No thats not a scratch, it is the caulk joint on the trim on the wall. Maybe I need to paint that.

Fish Scales2;353157 wrote: Yes the overflow box will be clear, from the front though all you will see is black.

My photography skills leave alot to be desired.

No thats not a scratch, it is the caulk joint on the trim on the wall. Maybe I need to paint that.

:lol2: Didn't mean to point that out, Chris!

Still recruiting a few good men for Sunday. Don't everyone rush me at once, now...

:) Again, food and beer provided for either lunch or early supper. Good bottle of vino as a parting gift. I mainly just need someone to help swap the tanks out and stack rock.

I'm in West Midtown. Near King Plow Arts Center, Fulton County Jail (some of you may be familiar :)), intersection of Marietta Blvd. and W. Marietta.

That last pic makes it look like the back glass is low iron as well...is it?

Chris, IF you get a chance, I would love to see some shots of the overflow box attached. We both know that is going to be one of the coolest parts of this build. I'm starting to get pumped! Now, I MAY have to go to Home Depot to recruit my "muscle". I can't believe nobody is jumping at the chance to slave over someone else's tank for an afternoon! :) I wonder if those day laborers are any good at aquascaping?

I am, but it's starting to feel like December 23rd and I'm a 4 year old again. "I want my toy NOW though!!"

Sorry I won't be home Trey. If I was i would be there in a minute to help! Good luck with everything! Can't wait for pics!

Mockery;353321 wrote: Sorry I won't be home Trey. If I was i would be there in a minute to help! Good luck with everything! Can't wait for pics!

Thanks Colin, I'm hoping the Gods of tank karma will come along. If not, it's not a big deal, I have one friend I know who can help at least move the tanks. Outside of that, I can do most everything myself. Not as much fun, but it'll get done nonetheless.

Would love to help and meet you, but have been working allot lately and promised my wife some time together this sunday! Hope it all goes down without a hitch though!

I'm not sure what time we'll get going on Sunday. That really depends on when people are available. I'm going to get everything I can (as far as plumbing) done on Saturday. I figure it will take me 1.5-2 hours to remove everything from the tank and do a little work on cable management while I have the chance. After that, I just don't know because I've never had help before!

We can either start at, say, 10am and then break for some lunch and a few beers if desired. Or, we can start just after lunch and finish up with some beers and burgers or something around 6pm. I really only need maybe one or two helpers, I think. That is, if my buddy is still going to come over. Obviously, I'm taking a risk by doing it on Sunday...but I think things will go smother if I have Saturday to prep the plumbing.

OK, here's my initial plan. I've numbered the steps in case anyone has a suggestion for changes. Of course, like anything in this hobby, plans are made to be broken! :)

Equipment: 5 "rubbermaid" 18G bins (with tops). Plenty of clean aquarium only Homer buckets. Clean dust pan for sand scooping. Utility pump for water moving. Hoses, siphons, etc. Two 30G containers with new salt water. <u>Beer</u>.

Plan:

1. Turn off my return pumps and disconnect plumbing. The tricky part here is going to be getting any water out of the overflow box. Yes, I glued my drains! :doh:

2. Remove all electronics except for 1 Tunze which will be relocated to a low spot in the DT. Clock starts ticking here for lower flow.

3. Remove all loose corals to a tub. I've read about individually bagging them loosely to cut down on stinging, but I don't think I'll have to do that. One Tunze will go in here for flow.

4. All the rock comes out next. I'll need two bins or this since some of the rock has corals attached to the tops. Wish my emeralds good luck on the trip! I have a HOB filter I can put on here if I need a little water movement. I just won't run it with any media.

5. Fish come next and go into another bin covered with eggcrate. Pull the Tunze from the DT and put it into this bin. Will probably throw my little heater in there as well. Although, it's a Theo so I don't know which is a bigger gamble! :)

6. Carefully remove the sandbed into the final tub (maybe utilize a concrete mixing bin I can buy). My sandbed is only 5 months old since the last move. I think I'll be OK here. The bioload has been 4 small fish for the past 2 months.

7. Remove tank and set on 4 cinderblocks with folded towels on top for padding. With an empty tank, I don't see this being a problem, do you?

8. Install new tank and double check the plumbing fittings.

9. Throw everything back into the tank in frustration! :)

Seriously, I'm thinking rocks first, a little water, sandbed, rest of water, then livestock. Then I'll work on powerhead placement, etc. Does anyone have any ideas for trying to keep the cloudiness down? I'm sure I'll want to do a "little" rearranging of the rock, right? :yes:

I'm sure I've left off something on here, so please be gentle!

We should see some new pics sometime today. I'm not sure why Chris thinks running his business is more important than providing us with pictures, but I'll have a talk with him about that!

Back