Trey's New 115g

It may be all in vane. My SCWD is just now shipping TODAY! I'm screwed unless I can find one. I don't know about going with the one inch since it's minimum pump rating is 500gph. I know I hit that, but not by much! SOMEONE around here has to carry them or have one for sale, don't they?

texhorns98;354204 wrote: It may be all in vane. My SCWD is just now shipping TODAY! I'm screwed unless I can find one. I don't know about going with the one inch since it's minimum pump rating is 500gph. I know I hit that, but not by much! SOMEONE around here has to carry them or have one for sale, don't they?

You can use a flow extender to direct the flow more directly at the drive impeller. I am not sure if the 3/4 comes with them or not, I know the 1" does.

Is the 3/4 the od or id. The 1" id is 1 1/4 id allowing fro threaded adapter and reducer bushing to union fitting for easy removal for cleaning.

I would THINK it's the id...but someone selling on here last night said it was 1/2 id.

Ok so I am cleaning the inside the best way I know possible and my wife decided she was a comedian.

Either it is bigger than it looks or I am smaller than I look. Wait I cannot be smaller than I look.:doh:
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
354224=17352-Picture 001.jpg
>
354224=17352-Picture 001.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Picture 001.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

So I just figured out it is the od as 3/4 hose fits over the exterior of it. So that is actually restricting the flow just a little, however insignifigant the loss of flow and damge to the submersible pump might be (I would not think it would be much of an issue) it is still throtteling back.

OK, so I pretty much have only my ONE FRIEND to help me on Sunday...

I can do it, but my rock work sucks!

Wow...just, wow. Tank is a beauty, but plumbing has proven a BEAST! Spent most of the day working on the finishing details and trying to get the plumbing straight. I'm convinced that until you get in front of the actual tank, there is no way to plan ahead very well for the plumbing! Today was long, tomorrow will be even LONGER!

Dang Trey sorry I haven't been following this. I'm working this weekend and next is my girl's birthday. I was really looking forward to the Mexican joint over there. Oh well, maybe we can just meet up there sometime.

texhorns98;354123 wrote: If you check out the bottom picture on post #24 you can see the hole in the middle of the tank. Connect all the holes and you would have a triangle, there's only one return down low.

As for the check valves, I'm with you somewhat. This was not a place to skimp on equipment cost, so I spent $50 on the two I have. One will be just on that low return line and one will be for the entire return section. I think...

The wye check valve is super easy to clean out. I think with regular attention paid to it, I'll be fine. What are the chances of BOTH failing if I keep up with cleaning them out?:eek:

So, the two will be inline, of sorts? I guess that is a degree of redundancy. Bear in mind, there are ways a check valkve can fail, that has nothing to do with with quality or cleanliness. Regardless, whats done is done, and Im sure Im just being overzealous. What pump are you going to be using for the return?

jmaneyapanda;354721 wrote: So, the two will be inline, of sorts? I guess that is a degree of redundancy. Bear in mind, there are ways a check valkve can fail, that has nothing to do with with quality or cleanliness. Regardless, whats done is done, and Im sure Im just being overzealous. What pump are you going to be using for the return?

What are the other ways then? I was pretty sure after reading that the primary causes of check valve failures were due to something getting caught in the seal. But yes, they will both be inline. One is just before the lower return (alone) and one is servicing the entire return system. My return pump is an Eheim 1262.

I finally finished plumbing. Things proved to be more difficult than I thought, no doubt. Not sure when the move will happen...maybe tomorrow? I'll post here in a few...

Back