What did you do to your tank today

For the last two days, put 11 full hrs, just hooking up net module.And only for the web page.Not emails yet.:eek:

Dislodged a snail that has been trapped between two rocks for over a week ( I thought he was just being lazy lol)

Thought (again), about selling live stock and putting everything else in storage. Tired of the hair algae.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kwajtrader;1109915 wrote: I built one of these and have been running it for several weeks. I filled it half way with chaeto when I started it up and it has shrunken down a lot, and all that seems to be growing is algae. I have the LEDs on for 13 hours/day in the offcycle from my main lights. Any thought on where I might be going wrong?.

How old is your system? I know when I started my tank up and added Chaeto it died back almost immeadiately due to a low nutrient levels. It just took time for it to begin growing.

I finally finished the second chamber of my Chaeto reactor.

20170304_140454.jpg
alt="" /></a>

Most of us are trying to eradicate algae and you're trying to grow it hAha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bcavalli;1109935 wrote: How old is your system? I know when I started my tank up and added Chaeto it died back almost immeadiately due to a low nutrient levels. It just took time for it to begin growing.

That's probably it. Nitrates and phosphates are zero or close to it.

I did a test run of an auto brine shrimp hatcher/feeder in my QT. I put in the first set of eggs 24 hrs ago. I want to put in a tube on the back side of the elbow so that I can flush it weekly without taking it out. This way I can bury the tubing in the sand.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

Made dosing containers using two 1 liter oxo containers
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
fieldset>

So today I did my 30 minute weekly tank maintenance, lol! I feed live bbs and between cultures I feed Jellyfish art food.
My maintenance plan which allows me to feed 2-3 times a day with no worries!
During water change I empty the top 1/4 of water into a bowl with a jellies. Then I wipe all the inside surfaces including moving the substrate. I remove baffle and wipe down with sponge that I'm cleaning tank with. I blow the substrate out further with baster. I then remove that water, 2-3 gallons to discard leaving a few inches which I filter with a brine shrimp net for five minutes. Then I add the same amount of new saltwater (exact salinity calibrated with pinpoint solution) that I discarded of the bottom water of tank. Then I add the water with the jellies. 30 minutes. Oh, Chemi-pure I block the suction area under plate so the substrate don't get up there. Jellys are getting huge!

Bcavalli;1109937 wrote: I finally finished the second chamber of my Chaeto reactor.

20170304_140454.jpg
alt="" /></a>

That is nice, love that you have two chambers! you can grow deferent types of algae. Mine is growing like crazy guess I had more phosphates than I thought.

After losing an $80 Midas Blenny, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the BRS DIY Screen top kit....thing is that thing is 100% to be a rectangle/square....thanks to duct tape,I was able to make it work with multiple 90 degree angles.... not as pretty as I was hoping, but hey, it will get the job done for night time/when I'm not home.

33be80b7a7ab7a306d7d3d06c87cd97d.jpg
alt="" />
09847061fd8fc17db0f7cb5a2ec63f34.jpg
alt="" />
04dea4f68264725b6795e296ec757d04.jpg
alt="" />

I thought about setting it on fire.... Then I cleaned my skimmer cup and air silencer, it is crazy how fast the skimz silencer gets dirty.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Got a new lighting system for my aquarium, a wealthy customer of mine upgraded theirs, and basically gave their old one for free in exchange for a discount on their lighting wiring. Some perks of my line of
a> :)

Took out the deli shrimp I put inside pantyhose to cyxle the tank because there was 12" long snot coming from it.

Got a maxijet 1200 that I will be adding to the tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back