What did you do to your tank today

Bgcoop8784;958249 wrote: IS it bad that instead of cleaning the glass...I just wiped the glass with the mag cleaner in front of the few corals I wanted to see clearly:unsure:.....lazy day, lol.

lol call that a spot clean :D

Found this at work for wire management, now I just need about 5 more feet
14269868746_558dc814c1_b.jpg
alt="" /></a>
a>, on Flickr

What coop said. It's called panduit in most places or wire track. We use it to run wires and plumbing for air lines at work.

Picked up my monti off of the sand. I guess my female clown didn't want me to move it (LOL). She kept biting me until I took my hand out of the tank. She has been much more aggressive since I moved her and her companion over to my Nuvo. They have the tank mostly to themselves, with the exception of a skunk cleaner shrimp and some hermits. I guess that's her way of telling me that I need to get the big tank up soon to give her some more space.

Bgcoop8784;959440 wrote: realized that there was a pressure regulator on the line that I plumbed into going to my shop...now have 80psi of water pressure going to the ro/di unit, think I may upgrade soon now that I figured this out. Also found out that when a wasp flies into the reflector on one of the cheap clamp on work lights under the aquarium....It sounds just like glass cracking...spent a good 5 minutes in full panic mode trying to figure out which part of my tanks was about to explode.

LOLOL gosh haha. One time I got one of those light wet. Just a couple drips of water and then BOOM the light just explodes. Scared me to death.

Tore down and sold my corner "sexy" tank :) gave away some corals and my large deformed serpent star with 3 8" legs and 2, 2" legs (oops, my bad).

New tank:
Did a 25 gallon water change, test water prams, spot fed corals, attempted to put lighting/hood together but ran into issues... I've just got to get this 4', 75 gallon together up and running right. It's running rigged 1/2 *** but some how everything is very happy.
Build thread time, sure hope y'all can help me figure out what I'm doing with all this equipment laying around!

Glued a new Sps frag I got from local fish store. In the process, accidentally knocked a piece of live rock followed by half of my rock with corals tumbling down. Urghhhh. Spent 3 hours putting everything back and gluing everything. Smh, why didn't I glue my rock work down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fed the tank, changed the filter sock, refilled the ATO container

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Adjusted my lights... I guess with LEDS you have to acclimate your coral to them?

Picked up a Kole Tang today. My aggressive female clown nearly killed it. Needless to say, someone's going be in time-out for a couple days.

ghbrewer;960507 wrote: Picked up a Kole Tang today. My aggressive female clown nearly killed it. Needless to say, someone's going be in time-out for a couple days.

Lol hope its in a small tank with not rock or coral.

Lights out might be an easier punishment for you to give it.

ghbrewer;960507 wrote: Picked up a Kole Tang today. My aggressive female clown nearly killed it. Needless to say, someone's going be in time-out for a couple days.

Dang she must be a real B! My female clown and kole will occasionally have at it because after the kole was introduced he thought he could sleep in the clowns corner, oops. It's been a few weeks since I've seen them with any marks though.

ordered my wavemaker for the tank....Can't justify $300 for an ecotech powerhead right now, so this is the next best thing

Did some much needed tank maintenance. Cleaned my Power heads and sump in tank returns cleaned the algae growing on the back glass cleaned some algae that had built up in a corner on the sand changed my filter sock and did a 25G water change

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back