What exactly do I do????

JennM;370645 wrote: Actually you met Scott yesterday - Brian was working at his "real" job. You'll probably meet Brian next time.

Jenn

OOOOHHHHH!! My bad.... :blush:
I'm really excited to come back and meet the real Brian! :D lol.

If you come on a Sunday sometime you'll meet Tony too!

We also have "other Jen" (one "n")... "Other Jen" does our client maintenances so she doesn't work in the store proper, but she works 5 days a week cleaning tanks...

Which I'm out the door in a minute to do too - I have two nasty ones to clean because their owner is out of town. They won't recognize those tanks when they come back :)

JennM;370649 wrote: If you come on a Sunday sometime you'll meet Tony too!

We also have "other Jen" (one "n")... "Other Jen" does our client maintenances so she doesn't work in the store proper, but she works 5 days a week cleaning tanks...

Which I'm out the door in a minute to do too - I have two nasty ones to clean because their owner is out of town. They won't recognize those tanks when they come back :)

Confusing store!! But, great service..so.. I guess I'll have to forgive you!! jk. I'll definetely come back on a Sunday! I'll come back any time!

You go scrub that tank, Miss Jenn! Make them forget what they left! :)
Radha

blu_devl_06;370695 wrote: I like to here people's points of views, and how to do things, and I won't fight back by saying "oh, no, that doesn't sound correct!" I enjoy learning!

The wonderful thing about this hobby is that there are a lot of different ways to accomplish the same thing. And remember, as far as we have come in the last 10 years, there is still a lot we need to research to have a better understanding of our hobby!

Very true.

How are things going, Radha? Fish doing better still? Any symptoms on any of the other fish?

Jenn

JennM;371030 wrote: How are things going, Radha? Fish doing better still? Any symptoms on any of the other fish?

Jenn

Hey Miss Jenn!
It's going very good! I don't know about the jawfish, it seems a little skittish, but I think he's fine, and other than that, no. But my female clownfish has been rubbing up against the mushroom quite a bit. I think that might be getting rid of some of it... but not sure. I'm feeding them a mixture of squid, mysis, brine, and krill (all were in frozen cubes, but I had to thaw them), and I'm using the metrodizonale and the focus, along with some garlic, which drives them CRAZY! :)
Thanks for all your help, Miss Jenn, if it hadn't been for you, I don't think I would be here, with everything set up, and actually having faith in the fish and myself.
I really appreciate it! :)
Keep you updated!
Radha :D

Good to hear! Jawfish are skittish by nature - if it's coming out to eat, along with everyone else, that's a good sign.

How are the symptoms on the clown? Going away a bit? Rubbing on the mushroom, she's probably trying to host in it - more of a "normal" behavior than anything. Hopefully the mushroom doesn't mind.

Keep me posted! You're doing great!

Jenn

JennM;371072 wrote: Good to hear! Jawfish are skittish by nature - if it's coming out to eat, along with everyone else, that's a good sign.

How are the symptoms on the clown? Going away a bit? Rubbing on the mushroom, she's probably trying to host in it - more of a "normal" behavior than anything. Hopefully the mushroom doesn't mind.

Keep me posted! You're doing great!

Jenn

Well, you know, I meant to tell you, the clownfish is a little weak. I don't know why. The symptoms are almost gone, so it seems fine, but she does want to stay in the mushroom a lot, I know that's normal when they host something, but when she sees my hand above the tank with a cup (that has food, but I was using an empty one for an experiment), and she didn't really wanna get up, but finally she did. It was dark in the tank, so that might have been it. But maybe she's just resting/healing.
Other than that, it's going great!
Oh, yes, the mushroom does mind :) Not as much anymore, but he doesn't like them, which is why I wanna get them to host my BTA. He closes up when they come, but he is a GIANT! Both of them fit in him!
I think I might be coming by the store this weekend, just to look around again, and say hi!
Thanks a lot Miss Jenn!!! :D
Radha

Well it's also normal for them to feel a bit under the weather when they are fighting off something - and in the dark too - she may have been "sleeping" (not like our sleep but they do need a restful period). I've seen bunches of juvenile clowns "sleep" in a pile on the bottom of the tank - freaked me out when I came in to the shop in the wee hours one night.

If she's eating well, that's good - the Metronidazole & Focus should do their thing, the garlic will stimulate her to eat a bit more and it will also help boost her immune system.

So I think things are headed in the right direction. Do keep an eye for symptoms on any of the other fish but if they are all eating the food with Metronidazole/Focus that should help them if they are brewing it.

Jenn

JennM;371084 wrote: Well it's also normal for them to feel a bit under the weather when they are fighting off something - and in the dark too - she may have been "sleeping" (not like our sleep but they do need a restful period). I've seen bunches of juvenile clowns "sleep" in a pile on the bottom of the tank - freaked me out when I came in to the shop in the wee hours one night.

If she's eating well, that's good - the Metronidazole & Focus should do their thing, the garlic will stimulate her to eat a bit more and it will also help boost her immune system.

So I think things are headed in the right direction. Do keep an eye for symptoms on any of the other fish but if they are all eating the food with Metronidazole/Focus that should help them if they are brewing it.

Jenn

Haha, yes, really late at night, if you look at the tank, her and my male clownfish will be slowly swimming up and down the walls, as if as in a trance! :)

She's definetely eating like a PIG! They all are!!

They are gonna be fine, it is almost gone! I'm gonna change the water soon, and do it more frequently, so the nitrates can go down from feeding a lot!

Thanks so much Miss Jenn!!! :)
Radha

Hey Miss Jenn, and everyone else who has been following! :)
I hate to bring this thread back up from the dead, but I'd just like to let you know that my clownfish is fine! I'm gonna keep treating with the food, to make sure none of the other fishes get it, but it's pretty much done!
Thanks for everyone's help, especially Miss Jenn, couldn't have done it without you! :)
If I ever have another outbreak, I'll know what to do!
Thanks again!
Radha

Excellent news, Radha!! I knew you could do it :)

And yes - this whole thing has been a great learning experience. Even though it didn't come to moving the fish to quarantine, now you know what to do IF that sort of situation should happen again.

One suggestion...that may help prepare you for that possibility... if you still have a new bag of Matrix... find a spot in your main tank filter if you can, and put it in there. It will populate with beneficial bacteria. Just leave it there... and IF you ever need to fling up an emergency quarantine system, you can move that bag of Matrix right into the new tank - and you will already have a decent biological filter right off the bat.

Edit: If you do end up using that bag of Matrix in a quarantine, and medicate the quarantine, do NOT return that bag of Matrix to the main display. Either keep the QT running with it as the biological media, or discard it when the QT is taken down again... meanwhile, get a new bag of Matrix and pop it back into that main tank filter.

Never hurts to be prepared.

Cheers,
Jenn

JennM;372109 wrote: Excellent news, Radha!! I knew you could do it :)

And yes - this whole thing has been a great learning experience. Even though it didn't come to moving the fish to quarantine, now you know what to do IF that sort of situation should happen again.

One suggestion...that may help prepare you for that possibility... if you still have a new bag of Matrix... find a spot in your main tank filter if you can, and put it in there. It will populate with beneficial bacteria. Just leave it there... and IF you ever need to fling up an emergency quarantine system, you can move that bag of Matrix right into the new tank - and you will already have a decent biological filter right off the bat.

Edit: If you do end up using that bag of Matrix in a quarantine, and medicate the quarantine, do NOT return that bag of Matrix to the main display. Either keep the QT running with it as the biological media, or discard it when the QT is taken down again... meanwhile, get a new bag of Matrix and pop it back into that main tank filter.

Never hurts to be prepared.

Cheers,
Jenn

I didn't know I could do it until you came along!! Before, I thought I was doomed, and I wouldn't be able to save my fish. I'm so glad I asked! :)

I do have a bag of matrix that should be fine, since I didn't put any copper in the tank, but I don't have a biological filter anymore. I have a biowheel, would that work? I think that the idea of the matrix thing is a great idea, so that way if I need to cycle the QT again, I can.

I think I'm gonna take the QT down for sometime, until I figure out what I wanna do with it, because I have no idea! I have to find inspiration, and suggestions would be great! :)

Thanks Miss Jenn, will be comin by the shop soon!
Radha

Back