What exactly do I do????

JennM;370286 wrote: Sounds good... just know that you can't medicate in a frag tank (at least not with Cupramine)...but I think you are moving in the right direction.

Another option is to leave the fish in the DT and get some Metronidazole & Focus - that's safe to use in the DT.

Jenn

What's a DT? I don't mind doing that, and returning the Cupramine. Is the Metronidazole gonna treat the fish as fast as Cupramine?
We will most probably be coming by your store in a bit.
Thanks Miss Jenn!
Radha

Display Tank.

If you have a 5 gallon, why not use that for QT or emergencies? That's a lot less to have to maintain. Then you could use the 10 for a nano reef. But it'd feel safer having some kind of QT going now that you've had ich in your tank, just in case. Maybe.

tjherman;370291 wrote: Display Tank.

If you have a 5 gallon, why not use that for QT or emergencies? That's a lot less to have to maintain. Then you could use the 10 for a nano reef. But it'd feel safer having some kind of QT going now that you've had ich in your tank, just in case. Maybe.

Exactly what I was gonna do! I guess great minds think alike! :)

And fools never differ :) (Just kidding)

Yes, DT = Display Tank...

The metronidazole works fine - just differently than the copper. It's safe to use in a reef when used as a food additive. Cupramine must NEVER EVER be used in a reef or tank with inverts.

Jenn

JennM;370297 wrote: And fools never differ :) (Just kidding)

Yes, DT = Display Tank...

The metronidazole works fine - just differently than the copper. It's safe to use in a reef when used as a food additive. Cupramine must NEVER EVER be used in a reef or tank with inverts.

Jenn

Great! Do you guys sell it at the store? So, the metronidazole will work in a mixed reef, with all types of inverts, SPS, LPS, and softies? Count me in!!
Thanks!
Radha

Hey Miss Jenn!
It was very nice meeting you! We LOVED your store, and I could spend all day looking at your ocellaris and RBTA!! :) Will be coming back for a frag session soon, I hope!
Will keep you updated!!
Thanks again, Miss Jenn!!
Radha

You are most welcome :) It was a pleasure meeting you and your family, and I'm so glad you came to see us!

We look forward to seeing you again soon. And keep me posted on how things are going!

Jenn

JennM;370374 wrote: You are most welcome :) It was a pleasure meeting you and your family, and I'm so glad you came to see us!

We look forward to seeing you again soon. And keep me posted on how things are going!

Jenn

Will do Miss Jenn!! :)

Hey Miss Jenn!
My little girl ate vigorously today! Made a nice formula, had krill, squid, mysis, and brine in it! I hope that does the trick! They really loved it!!
Thanks so much for all your guidance Miss Jenn! I think we are on the road to recovery!!
Radha :)

Hey Cliff-- Send Loren W a PM, me and Miss Jenn were talking about making this thread shorter (taking out the chit-chat) and putting it in the good threads for newbies. But you should PM Loren, I can do it if you want me to!
radha :)

Apparently I only missed you at Jenn's, Radha, by 15 minutes or so! Jenn and I talked until after her shop closed and I have to say, I learned a lot!

Wow. Jenn I have never met you but I think the M should stand for reef MOM. Thanks for always going out of your way for everyone. Then again you're hooked like the rest of us and have the fortune of doing something you love for a living. It shows.

tjherman;370469 wrote: Apparently I only missed you at Jenn's, Radha, by 15 minutes or so! Jenn and I talked until after her shop closed and I have to say, I learned a lot!

Ha, ha! I could stay there all day, talking to Miss Jenn, and Mr. Brian! :)

blu_devl_06;370468 wrote: I will send him a recommendation for you guys, but I think Jenn may have a little more pull then I do, I am afterall, the new guy! I am so impressed by your willingness to learn the correct way to do things in this hobby, keep up the good work, listen to Miss Jenn, she will not steer you wrong! I will help when I can, but will not put my 2 cents in when she has the reigns! This one definately needs to go in the newbie Q&A!

Jenn, nice work as usual! If you ever start leaking knowledge, I will be there with my five gallon buckets!!!:up:

Thank you Mr. Cliff! :)
I trust Miss Jenn 100%! To tell you the truth, I like to here people's points of views, and how to do things, and I won't fight back by saying "oh, no, that doesn't sound correct!" I enjoy learning!

Oh, yeah, if Miss Jenn starts leaking, save me some knowledge!!

radha;370637 wrote: Ha, ha! I could stay there all day, talking to Miss Jenn, and Mr. Brian! :)

Actually you met Scott yesterday - Brian was working at his "real" job. You'll probably meet Brian next time.

Jenn

Back