Whats up with cap bay?

kzoo;39989 wrote:
"As for the other comments I've been reading... Sh*t happens... sometimes there's tainted spinach and at other times there may be poisonous pet food... the distributors can't get it right 100% of the time. "

Thats assine we are the ones paying so they have there doors open and are we not able to say that the product was not to the standard it sould be? If you think that a company or shop can be slack on there standards and thats ok, not me. There are alot of other places I can spend my money.

In all seriousness, how many of you knew that spinach was just picked up off of the ground and thrown directly into packaging bags prior to e-coli incident? If you ate spinach, would knowing that years prior have changed your buying habits for spinach? I'm guessing we wash our food before we eat them but I don't think that would have necessarily resolved the issue this time around had we gotten those batches.

There are tons of practices, standards, methods, etc. around us that we have no clue about unless something bad happens. I'm sure standards were in place but like I said earlier, the standard is usually somewhere in the middle where it's good enough to pass Go and collect the $200. This is true for cars that may score low on crash tests, emissions and for computer OS's that need repetitive patches. You would be naive to think everything is being held to some imaginary high-level of standard out there and that everything out on the market has been through every single kind of tests to protect the consumers. It is what it is and sadly no, we don't live in the perfect world.

On another note, would we still have this debate at all if Cap Bay were to say from the beginning we're not selling these nicer corals b/c we're QT'ing them instead of holding out for the web site? Would that make everyone happy? Probably not...

I don't know what the formula for success is but the formula for failure is trying to please everyone.

kappaknight;40103 wrote: In all seriousness, how many of you knew that spinach was just picked up off of the ground and thrown directly into packaging bags prior to e-coli incident? If you ate spinach, would knowing that years prior have changed your buying habits for spinach? I'm guessing we wash our food before we eat them but I don't think that would have necessarily resolved the issue this time around had we gotten those batches.

There are tons of practices, standards, methods, etc. around us that we have no clue about unless something bad happens. I'm sure standards were in place but like I said earlier, the standard is usually somewhere in the middle where it's good enough to pass Go and collect the $200. This is true for cars that may score low on crash tests, emissions and for computer OS's that need repetitive patches. You would be naive to think everything is being held to some imaginary high-level of standard out there and that everything out on the market has been through every single kind of tests to protect the consumers. It is what it is and sadly no, we don't live in the perfect world.

On another note, would we still have this debate at all if Cap Bay were to say from the beginning we're not selling these nicer corals b/c we're QT'ing them instead of holding out for the web site? Would that make everyone happy? Probably not...

I don't know what the formula for success is but the formula for failure is trying to please everyone.
I feel the formula for failure is not having any standards that we follow and stick to.

Back