Where to buy Flexible Hose

kimxd

Market
Reaction score
Hello folks,

Just setup my 210g last night and I've used "flexible" hose from home depot. 3/4inch for return and 1inch for intake. The problem is that these hoses are not really flexible, they're actually quite stiff. I wonder if you know about any fish store around Atlanta that sells more flexible hoses? Thanks!

Is it the white spa-flex? If you heat it first... around 200 degrees in the oven for 5 minutes it gets very malleable. Once it cools it'll go back to its more rigid state. I had to do that for part of my plumbing as well. You can use a heat gun as well or even very hot water.

I've got a heat gun too. I also have pool style hoses as well.

With spaflex it's best to heat and form the parts into the general shape you want before gluing everything up. If you have to make too large of a bend after its glued in place it will kink pretty easily.

I've got a heat gun too. I also have pool style hoses as well.

With spaflex it's best to heat and form the parts into the general shape you want before gluing everything up. If you have to make too large of a bend after its glued in place it will kink pretty easily.
Thanks Adam! I will try to reshape mine this week, it's not urgent, just aesthetically unpleasant.

Back