Which rare fish would you get?

Carty;308879 wrote: way to stomp on a little girls dreams :)
He didn't really do that. I knew it was still gonna be waaaay to expensive but I wanted to see what the price was.:)

who would have thought finding a particular fish would be difficult.. I guess it makes sense

ZDaytonaRoadster;309197 wrote: what? No selection for a resplended angel? lame :)

A "just as impossible" fish to get. Unless you find someone that is willing to give up their RCT captive bred (good luck!).

IF I was a billionaire, it would not be one of these fish. I'd go for something very exotic, like a leafy dragon or a chambered nautilus.

jmaneyapanda;309202 wrote: A "just as impossible" fish to get. Unless you find someone that is willing to give up their RCT captive bred (good luck!).
i did, they only want $800 dollars :doh:

LorenK;309765 wrote: IF I was a billionaire, it would not be one of these fish. I'd go for something very exotic, like a leafy dragon or a chambered nautilus.
Is the chambered nautilus the thing that swims backwards and is related to squid but have a shell? I think I saw one on planet earth.

twistoflime;310010 wrote: Is the chambered nautilus the thing that swims backwards and is related to squid but have a shell? I think I saw one on planet earth.

Yes, there are only a few in captivity and they have some issues...but since I'm a billionaire, I'll be able to solve that.

http://www.thecephalopodpage.org/Npompil.php">http://www.thecephalopodpage.org/Npompil.php</a>

Speaking of celephods, a color changing cuttlefish would be a good display as well.

jmaneyapanda;309035 wrote: Ready to get your derams stomped too? (smirk) If it were as simple as getting a $50 dive permit, everyone would be doing it. They are a deeper water species, so they are rarely collected. Some of the best divers in Hawaii have gone after them, and come up empty handed.

lol well i think my next diving trip will be to Hawaii i am doing my tech diving training so hay if go there for a 2 week trip and do 2 deep dives a day so 28 dives. they cant be so rare that in 28 dives i could not find 2 :)

Delloman;310796 wrote: lol well i think my next diving trip will be to Hawaii i am doing my tech diving training so hay if go there for a 2 week trip and do 2 deep dives a day so 28 dives. they cant be so rare that in 28 dives i could not find 2 :)
If I'm correct there has only been on two recorded males collected in Hawaii. The first I think was in 1975 and the second was just a few years ago. I'm not sure how rare the females are. There has probobly been thousands of dives in hawaii between those two caches so I'm guessing that you're probobly not going to find any.

Jmanypanda, were are the most located? THere are a few in Hawaii but arn't there alot more somewere else?

well since they are at 200 feet the number of divers that have the skill to go to that level is may be 10000 people would wide i may be off on this number. compared to the number of recreational divers who dive to no more then 140 feet which is over a 1 mill + people. also from what i read about the males they are just less likely to servive in captivity

Ok so here is my new favorite rare fish! Holacanthus limbaughi or clipperton angelfish.

Holacanthus_limbaughi,I_RR1278.jpg
alt="" />
Holacanthus_limbaughi,I_RR1279.jpg
alt="" />

That is one cool blue fish!

No idea! There is an article on reefbuilders.com about there illegal importation so I would say expensive if not impossible for normal people to get.

jmaneyapanda;291328 wrote: Yup. Thats me. The multi, zillionaire, who till works 75 hours a week and drives a POS Jeep Wrangler.
Hey i got a 97 wrangler WITH 4CYL ...176000miles...so does that put me in with the multi zillionaire cat?

Back