winter storm! are you ready?

My power is still out, been swapping hot water bottles out all night. Everything is alive but tank temp has dropped down to about 65. Hopefully everything makes it

rk4435;1015212 wrote: As I mentioned earlier, I finally broke down and bought a generator, but I bought what they had, not necessarily what I truly wanted.

This is as good a time as any to throw this out there, I have been eyeing the propane power generators for a while but they have to be ordered in, I've never seen them on the shelves.

Does anyone have any experience with them vs the typical gas generators? If I make it through the next few days without using the one I bought I may return it and go with a propane set up.

Worked for a contractor in Jasper for years. We sold a ton of bi-fuel. Propane is the way to go if you can. Generac is not the best in the smaller ones. A Winco will last much longer.

Of course here I sit with no power and a generator in the garage that won't run. It was my Father-in-law's and he left gas in the carb. Just haven't had the chance to replace the carb. But, power has been out for 8-1/2 hours and everything in the tank seems to be ok so far.

rdnelson99;1015223 wrote: Worked for a contractor in Jasper for years. We sold a ton of bi-fuel. Propane is the way to go if you can. Generac is not the best in the smaller ones. A Winco will last much longer.

Of course here I sit with no power and a generator in the garage that won't run. It was my Father-in-law's and he left gas in the carb. Just haven't had the chance to replace the carb. But, power has been out for 8-1/2 hours and everything in the tank seems to be ok so far.

You must be on the same grid as me Rich. Have you been doing anything to keep your tank warm?

Tank temp dropped to 72 degrees... I'm done sweating like this. It's time to invest in a generator.

Sorry you all are without power! My power flickered through the night but never off more than 10mins. Instead tree limbs are blocking my way out of the house
193ec1d3dbdcd27f3904caa4c89735fd.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nickh06;1015224 wrote: You must be on the same grid as me Rich. Have you been doing anything to keep your tank warm?

I am off of Nicholson Road in NW Forsyth Co. Our power comes from the Mt Tabor end of Nicholson and there are trees all over the power lines. May be a while for me.

Haven't touched the tank. May have to do the pitcher of water thing here before long though.

rdnelson99;1015223 wrote: Worked for a contractor in Jasper for years. We sold a ton of bi-fuel. Propane is the way to go if you can. Generac is not the best in the smaller ones. A Winco will last much longer.

Nicer ones run either or propane or gas. Important since propane runs like crap in these temperatures. Does not in 20 and below. More option a is always better than less.

Sure those listed have models with both.

DawgFace;1015233 wrote: Nicer ones run either or propane or gas. Important since propane runs like crap in these temperatures. Does not in 20 and below. More option a is always better than less.

Sure those listed have models with both.

Thats why most of the ones we sold and installed in Big Canoe or Bent Tree were either Bi-Fuel or Tri-Fuel. Cost a bit more but when you can afford a place in Big Canoe it isn't a show stopper. LOL

When I get power back, I will be pulling the carb and ordering a new one. LOL Then it is time to install a transfer switch. It isn't just the tank issues for me, I also can't sleep without my CPAP machine. **** Sleep Apnea. I have done nothing more than doze here and there since 1:30 AM.

I lost one Diamond goby by the time I got the generator hooked up. But - the generator did it's job!!! So glad I had one.

lost power for about 2hours at around 4-5am.i just filled gallons jugs from the tank then poured them back into tank and this until the power was back on.lost nothing.

Past 12 hours for me now. Heating tank water in a pitcher sitting in the fireplace. Have lost nothing so far.

rdnelson99;1015308 wrote: Past 12 hours for me now. Heating tank water in a pitcher sitting in the fireplace. Have lost nothing so far.
that sucks rich.sorry to hear that.
im buying battery backups today and some battery powered airpumps.

My power finally went out after I heard the transformer blow at about 9 pm. Had to go to work at 2am to do ice removal for customers so my awesome wife has been stirring water in 5 aquariums. The vortec battery back up craped out after 1 1/2 hrs. Had a new bat in it. Junk. I just got home and hooked up my 12 volt bait pump to a car battery for now and new D battery air pumps to the others. So far no losses and tank temps are at 72.

View attachment 59467View attachment 59468
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1015313=59467-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424200103.422378.jpg
>
1015313=59467-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424200103.422378.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424200103.422378.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
1015313=59468-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424200117.144228.jpg
>
1015313=59468-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424200117.144228.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424200117.144228.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Sn4k33y3z;1015225 wrote: Tank temp dropped to 72 degrees... I'm done sweating like this. It's time to invest in a generator.

Where are you in Buford? If you still are out of power after 5 today I can bring by my generator if you provide the gas for it...

Tim

Power was off for 12 hours here.. I was really worried about my tank because we had to bug out to my parents house, i have a one year old and had to get her some heat.. So far everyone is ok, i cant find my royal gramma but he always hides so nothing new lol.

Back