winter storm! are you ready?

twhaddon;1015314 wrote: Where are you in Buford? If you still are out of power after 5 today I can bring by my generator if you provide the gas for it...

Tim

Great to know members are willing to help. We were told that it would be tomorrow 1pm before we get power so I went to Northern Hardware and spent $600 on a new generator. Then my wife called and said the power came back on. Aarrrhhh luckily they took it back. Lol. I am going to research and get a quality one for future power outages. What a nerve racking day. The water temps were dropping. Everything seems ok.

Thank you very much Tim for the offer.

No problem. Got mine the last time we were hit with ice storm and once I bought it our power came on also, but I kept it and thisyear it came in handy. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it!

Man today sucks I'm workin on a roof in winder and the winds are picking up. The trees look like they'll give out at any moment

After the tragedy last year with my tank. I bought a 3500/4000 generator from cabelas for 300$. I did the break in, changed the oil then ran it out of gas. So it's ready to go.

rdnelson99;1015712 wrote: Tank got down to 62.7 and didn't lose anything. Amazing.

Impressive!

Nickh06;1015886 wrote: me too, thankfully everything is looking healthy today.:fish:

Glad neither of you lost anything! Amazing how resilient fish and corals can be.

RedStang;1015891 wrote: Impressive!

Glad neither of you lost anything! Amazing how resilient fish and corals can be.

Sure is! I swapped out bottles of hot water every hour. Might have helped

Power went out again for 9 hours.temp down to 70.2.lost copperband butterfly.pe is not as good on sps.

My only problem is my RODI line running in the house is frozen solid!!
The unit is inside but the line runs in from the back patio -_-

I need to make water!

JDavid;1016042 wrote: My only problem is my RODI line running in the house is frozen solid!!
The unit is inside but the line runs in from the back patio -_-

I need to make water!

Blow dryer and then wrap it in a warm towel straight from the dryer. I had to run my hose yesterday to make some water. Took a looooooong time lol!

Back