Wow, have you seen this

Patent litigation on average costs about a quarter million per case.

On average almost half of the patents that are litigated often are found to be invalid for some reason or other.

This case imho, from the facts in that poorly written article would be a rather easy case for any decent litgator. The patent imo could and should be found invalid for numerous reasons but again i'm not sure if the author has his facts straight...

FutureInterest;283818 wrote: Patent litigation on average costs about a quarter million per case.

On average almost half of the patents that are litigated often are found to be invalid for some reason or other.

This case imho, from the facts in that poorly written article would be a rather easy case for any decent litgator. The patent imo could and should be found invalid for numerous reasons but again i'm not sure if the author has his facts straight...

Answered like a true Pro Bono Publico!

1. All patents are generally broad; this is the cya mentality.

2. It takes 2 changes to a design to make it legally different. A change can be something as simple as colour.

3. You can't patent the use of something in a certain industry. You can only patent a design. Well, you can patent something any way you like, but that doesn't mean it will hold up in court.

After it's all said and done, the lawyers will make a ton of money. Neither party will win.

I suppose I should read the article, but I really can't be bothered. Second hand info is usually filled with too many half-truths and speculation.

Back