WP40 Died

pbyrmartin

Market
Reaction score
Wp40 died after 14 months
Anyone else had any failures
I wonders what's the warranty period

Unfortunately I had one do the same thing and this was like 8 months in. No clue why it happened. The good thing was that I was able to replace just the motor part and didn't have to go buy a whole new pump with the controller. Saved me some $$$

The warranty in 12 months I believe. If you are looking to replace your I have one for sale cheap

acandoit;1009642 wrote: i would take apart, soak in vinegar for 30 mins or so, and manually spin the impeller assembly to loosen any crud before diagnosing a mortality. I have several wp's, some for a couple years, and sometimes it just takes a little cleaning to get them up and running again.

+1

Acandoit;1009642 wrote: I would take apart, soak in vinegar for 30 mins or so, and manually spin the impeller assembly to loosen any crud before diagnosing a mortality. I have several WP's, some for a couple years, and sometimes it just takes a little cleaning to get them up and running again.

+1. I did all of the above first, tried everything but mine was a goner lol.

containerman1;1009646 wrote: +1

A week before it died I soaked it in vinegar cleaned it then put back in tank and it was working great for a week
Then nothing tried a different controller still nothing

Cleaning the WP's is essential. It doesn't take much to stop an impeller from spinning. I would check that first. Second, I would check the controller. If the controller is bad then I have a couple of spares. If the pump is bad, unfortunately, I believe you're out of the warranty period.

Nevermind...I see you were posting as I was.

Mockery;1009640 wrote: The warranty in 12 months I believe. If you are looking to replace your I have one for sale cheap

Thanks
but they sell just the replace pumps to purchase I think I'll order one later

Mine died a week ago in my 90. I 've had it for about a year. My controller works fine. Did all the extra soaking ,cleaning and even tapping it with a hammer. It just died. I'm ok with it. I just ordered a new pump ,hooked to the old controller and it performed flawlessly. Despite this problem, I still believe in them.

Fishlips;1009836 wrote: I'm hoping the RW's are better built.

Last night I was looking at a set of the RW-15
They look like they are better built
Might give them a try

The only thing I didn't like was the feed button
U have to hold for 5 sec to enter feed mode
Where the wp40 controller u just tap it to enter feed mode

Soxx;1009834 wrote: Mine died a week ago in my 90. I 've had it for about a year. My controller works fine. Did all the extra soaking ,cleaning and even tapping it with a hammer. It just died. I'm ok with it. I just ordered a new pump ,hooked to the old controller and it performed flawlessly. Despite this problem, I still believe in them.

Why? Curious.

rdnelson99;1009904 wrote: Can't speak for him but for me it would be "Inexpensive, easy and moves a ton of water". You asked. :)

But his comment says otherwise!

And this isn't a loaded question. I'm truly interested in understanding how people think, etc.

Skriz;1009950 wrote: But his comment says otherwise!

And this isn't a loaded question. I'm truly interested in understanding how people think, etc.
I'll explain it to you slowly if you promise to try it.:tongue:

Skriz;1009950 wrote: But his comment says otherwise!

Not sure I follow you. He said that even though it died in about a years time, he bought a replacement and was happy with them. That makes sense to me for the reasons I gave but he may have other reasons.

rdnelson99;1009972 wrote: Not sure I follow you. He said that even though it died in about a years time, he bought a replacement and was happy with them. That makes sense to me for the reasons I gave but he may have other reasons.

Even though you have to do extra soaking & cleaning, etc. And it died in a short amount of time requiring a non-warranty replacement (is there a real warranty anyway? Not just words but one that is delivered?), he still believes in it. After all that, why?

This is a sales and marketing question more than anything else.

Skriz;1009980 wrote: Even though you have to do extra soaking & cleaning, etc. And it died in a short amount of time requiring a non-warranty replacement (is there a real warranty anyway? Not just words but one that is delivered?), he still believes in it. After all that, why?

This is a sales and marketing question more than anything else.

Again I can't speak for him but for me I would answer with a question. How many replacements could I buy before I equal the cost of one Ecotech? If I had tons of expendable cash, I might feel the way you do. But, if my only choice is to pay huge amounts of money for a power head I would most likely get out of the hobby. On the other hand, if I can do it for a price that fits my allowable budget, I can enjoy the hobby in almost the same way someone with lots of cash can. Make sense?

Back