Yep , I'm back :-)

I meant to add that overnight nitrates dropped from 20ppm to less than 5ppm I had tested all params yesterday

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SaltyVixen;1041584 wrote: I meant to add that overnight nitrates dropped from 20ppm to less than 5ppm I had tested all params yesterday

cloudy tank and nitrates going from 20 to 5 tells me a carbon dose occurred. a rather BIG carbon dose at that.

did you drop alcohol in it over 4th of july weekend?
:p

tbh when i carbon dosed, even with biopellets i never had a drop from 20 to 5. What kit are you using?

Api but I have two sets and both say the same lol. I had no alcohol lmao

did you "clean" any equipment. or add new equipment?

when i added my chiller, the vinyl hosing caused a heterotroph bloom.

otherwise idk. tbh id ride it out for a a day or so then chuck in carbon.

I removed the filter sock. That's about it and it's a mesh sock

removing a filter sock could have definitely done it. A dirty filter sock is a nitrate factory. If you removed a dirty filter sock, you removed a huge source of detritus.

Ah well then, that must be it nothing is stressed out so it just needs to run its course?:

What needs to run it's course? There is nothing wrong with running less than 5 ppm with Nitrates. If you want to continue running filter socks, you can just change them a little more often or if you test frequently, change them when you notice Nitrates going up.

Crew;1041612 wrote: What needs to run it's course? There is nothing wrong with running less than 5 ppm with Nitrates. If you want to continue running filter socks, you can just change them a little more often or if you test frequently, change them when you notice Nitrates going up.

she is referring to her heterotrophic (assuming) "white" bloom

ime removing detritus doesnt drop nitrates 15 ppm. it has yet to decompose to that form and is more of a preventive measure.

This tank will be put on hold for a while. Downgrading to a 20g tall I used to use as a frag tank

Sorry to hear - looked like you had a good start. Looking forward to seeing the new tank.

Don't worry, tank isn't going anywhere but the storage for a minute lol. The great thing about life is it is loaded with suprise and you never know what to expect lol good and bad. I'll update this thread once I get the downgrade started :) I'll just be moving all the livestock to the new tank.

Settled in with the 20g. Running a HOB refugium with half full of matrix. Still need some chaeto. Gonna add a small tune for more flow and keeping an ato hooked to it. I'm using a 4 bulb t5 coral seem to love the extra light. And i added a pair of black ice clownfish.
20150730_182405_zpsaf3fl6uj.jpg
alt="" />

Anyone got a spare hydrometer on the Southside I can borrow? Also, any one got some macro (not calurpa) to give away?

20151016_133321-01_zps0eartj2r.jpeg
alt="" />
IMG_20151001_182737-01_zpsghqv2dbh.jpeg
alt="" />
IMG_20151001_182835-01_zpsxersjtc2.jpeg
alt="" />

BestPhoto_20150923_162000_1-01_zpsy8t3ll1t.jpeg
alt="" />

BestPhoto_20151016_133604_2-01_zpsc7d3nhua.jpeg
alt="" />

My lil nano has been doing very well lot of growth

Ive had a few chalices before, all have melted away. But i got a very small frag of miami hurricane some short time ago, and it has tipled in size and has juat grown 2 new eyes , im so proud 😀
20151026_153345-02.jpeg
alt="" />

Back