Yep , I'm back :-)

I usually waint until ammonia and nitrites read zero and then do a big water change.

SaltyVixen;1035848 wrote: Brown and green diatoms dusting all the rocks now

brown didn't really hit mine when i cycled. I got a small dusting but it pretty much went straight to forest green. I think you set yours a week after mine.

What is your ammonia no2 and no3 today?

Ammonia 0.5
Nitrite 0.5
Nitrate 10ppm
Phosphate 0
Ph 8

I'm running my skimmer now to , heavy wet slimming

Also the brown dust is covering the "live" rocks and the green is on the nice white base rock. Which I think has to do with it

SaltyVixen;1035857 wrote: Ammonia 0.5
Nitrite 0.5
Nitrate 10ppm
Phosphate 0
Ph 8

I'm running my skimmer now to , heavy wet slimming

Since you still have ammonia, you have a while before nitrite reduces. You might be able to speed it up a bit using some bio spira from a petco. It'll at least get your ammonia out of the way for the nitrite to process it (at the very least).

Unless you used live rock in which you have some curing to do before it balances.

SaltyVixen;1035862 wrote: Yea I added a few pieces of live rock. I'm still dosing aquavitro seed everyday

interesting product... although i am hesitant with products that claim to cycle both fresh and salt water. Either way, looks like yours is off to a great start.

I'm a little skeptical myself. It does seem to work to an extent as in as soon as ammonia shows up so did nitrites and nitrates but that could be from the live sand and live rock.

SaltyVixen;1035871 wrote: I'm a little skeptical myself. It does seem to work to an extent as in as soon as ammonia shows up so did nitrites and nitrates but that could be from the live sand and live rock.

took 3 days to cycle my tank with dr tims one and only. just make sure to overnight it or 2nd day air. doesnt stay alive long on the shelf from my experience.

SaltyVixen;1035873 wrote: Oh that stuff looks promising. Has some good reviews

some good youtube videos with their logs as well.... i think the census is 3 days to a week. Either way, it does get the bacteria out of the way.

The "uglies" you still have to contend with. And it does not "mature" a tank any faster.

Diatoms are pretty bad. Ammonia has hit 0. I've noticed several hitch hikers. Several ball anenome. A crazy amount of brittle stars, some pretty large, several varying sizes of bristle worms, mushrooms , and aptasia.

SaltyVixen;1036297 wrote: Diatoms are pretty bad. Ammonia has hit 0. I've noticed several hitch hikers. Several ball anenome. A crazy amount of brittle stars, some pretty large, several varying sizes of bristle worms, mushrooms , and aptasia.

nitrite? nitrate? phosphate?

sucks about aiptasia

By the way, I was just looking through your albums and one of the pix of your sump made me feel like a fool (in no way your fault). I see that you have your sump turned sideways out the back of your stand. I just sold a really decent sump because it was 2 inches "too wide". Grrr. Oh well, the one I bought will actually fit but its certainly not as big.

Nitrites 1ppm and nitrates somewhere between 0 and 5ppm haven't changed since last time I posted. Phosphate 0.25ppm

Lol yea it was too big to fit how I would like it too but the tank doesn't sit flush against the wall anyway so I turned it and I'm going to add a hob refugium to it

SaltyVixen;1036302 wrote: Nitrites 1ppm and nitrates somewhere between 0 and 5ppm haven't changed since last time I posted. Phosphate 0.25ppm

tells me nitrites havent started oxydizing yet.
i didnt go above .25 pom nitrite and still ended with 15 ppm nitrate at the end of my cycle. then again mine didnt last long.

Here is a few tank shots
Full tank view
2015-06-03_17.04.03_zpsixstzkiq.jpg
>http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww227/jodithomas68/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-06-03_17.04.03_zpsixstzkiq.jpg</a>
Mushroom #1
2015-06-03_17.05.17_zps9cql2kdz.jpg
>http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww227/jodithomas68/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-06-03_17.05.17_zps9cql2kdz.jpg</a>
Mushroom #2
2015-06-03_17.03.28_zpsuatnidu4.jpg
>http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww227/jodithomas68/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-06-03_17.03.28_zpsuatnidu4.jpg</a>
Ball anemome
2015-06-03_17.04.31_zpsgogo0ara.jpg
>http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww227/jodithomas68/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-06-03_17.04.31_zpsgogo0ara.jpg</a>

Welcome back!
Better late than never I guess :)
Nice set-up and looks like your headed in the right direction.

Yes, you have missed some good meetings! You maybe ready for live stock by the 20th meeting at ReefShac's! He's got great prices on CUC too!
Let me know if you can make it and bag you up some "Welcome Back" corals :)

Back