1,000 gallon all in one build

grouper therapy

Supporting
Reaction score
Finally got to the point where I could justify a larger system so I opted for one all inclusive system. It will be built into a room in the basement that is solely for the tank (and a tv). There will be a lot of negative space with basically a peninsula of rock from the back wall .

Circulation:
4 power heads that power heads will have gates that close and open thereby switching the flow to the back area.
75-100 gallon surge device which dumps via a spray bar mounted on the front of the tank.It will shut off during night time hours.

Lighting:
1- 1,000 watt MH in a 36" diy parabolic reflector on a light mover. It will only move +/- 16".
Supplemental will be T5 and/ or LED

Filtration:
DIY carbon chamber
DIY GFO chamber
DIY Ozone reactor
Diy automatic water changer.

Dosing:
Diy kalkwasser tank
Diy calcium reactor
Diy auto topoff

Will post pics as soon as I figure out how to delete some pics as I am over the limit.

MvM;585141 wrote: Send 'em to me and I'll post them.

Shoot me your e-mail Thanks Matt
a>

Awesome!

Very similar to my dream build, an All-In-One Peninsula in-wall build with the sump area in a hidden service room......

gixxer600;585147 wrote: Look pretty nice. What is it going to be constructed of?
Plywood, fiberglass, epoxy coating.

gixxer600;585148 wrote: By the way are you still interested in leaky tanks?
I found one close to home, but may need another. I am
using them for the glass to use on this build.

Looks great I'm jealous man. What are the diemensions of the viewing windows?

I guess this means you can get some more fish LOL.

puffer9375;585202 wrote: Looks great I'm jealous man. What are the diemensions of the viewing windows?

I guess this means you can get some more fish LOL.

Sides are 21" tall x 45"
Front is 21" tall x 76"

gixxer600;585156 wrote: Sounds awesome. Cant wait to see some build pics.

I have to finish here in KY. and then build a stand for a ARC member. Then I will start it as I am already gathering materials. I have a new camera so I intend on tposting lots of pics.

Grouper Therapy,
Let me know if you have any ? on the plywood tank build or the epoxy for the tank.
And one more thing Welcome to the plywood club.

Don Jr.

I see an awesome build coming..whats the stock list going to look like? or is it a straight transfer from your other tanks?

davisju1;585386 wrote: Grouper Therapy,
Let me know if you have any ? on the plywood tank build or the epoxy for the tank.
And one more thing Welcome to the plywood club.

Don Jr.

I'm sure I will have plenty!!! Thanks.

Dave,
Please let me repay some favors - I am an awesome "screwdriver-hander-over"...

LilRobb;585501 wrote: Dave,
Please let me repay some favors - I am an awesome "screwdriver-hander-over"...

Not worried about repayment, not my way. I would however enjoy your company and you inherited ability to manage quality, lol

Back