1,000 gallon all in one build

swfk44;586134 wrote: what will keep your walls from bowing?

The actual tank is 1.5" thick then the horizontal beams are laminated beams 1.5"x 3.5". That would probably suffice but then there are perpendicular walls on each side, the back is against the basement wall and the front will be connected to the ceiling via a soffit.

Will work for deep water acro frags........but seriously...if ya need any help I'd be more than happy to.....I'm sure between the both of us we have more tools than would be needed....

rolo65;586150 wrote: Will work for deep water acro frags........but seriously...if ya need any help I'd be more than happy to.....I'm sure between the both of us we have more tools than would be needed....

I'll keep that in mind!! the frag that is j/k

TANKroom.jpg
alt="" />

Kinda decided on a Tuscan look for the room. Brick arch ways with Alder beams and columns and a stucco finish on the walls. Probably an acid etched floor with an epoxy finish.

TANKROOM2.jpg
alt="" />
This is a view as one would enter through an arched door. A flared stair will be constructed on the right side. Not sure where the TV will be. I have built an angled look down box for a camera that will also be on a light mover and linked to a monitor of some type.

grouper therapy;587818 wrote:
TANKROOM2.jpg
alt="" />
This is a view as one would enter through an arched door. A flared stair will be constructed on the right side. Not sure where the TV will be. I have built an angled look down box for a camera that will also be on a light mover and linked to a monitor of some type.

That camera idea sounds really cool!

Thanks Colin. SPS look best from the top view and I have enough room on this tank to finally use the camera track.

grouper therapy;587824 wrote: Thanks Colin. SPS look best from the top view and I have enough room on this tank to finally use the camera track.

Can't argue with that. What ate your plans to keep the cables out of the water?

What is your estimated time for completion?

Mockery;587826 wrote: Can't argue with that. What ate your plans to keep the cables out of the water?
Just like a light would they hand on rollers attached to the rail
What is your estimated time for completion?
Really don't have one. I plan on starting next week.

Dave there is a thread on RC, its called 2000g deltec reef or something like that, where the guy got an acrylic dome and mounted a web cam inside it. Might look into something like that.

You can also get web cams that you can control from the computer(or anywhere with web access) combined with any modern controller and you can watch/monitor/control your whole tank from anywhere with web access, or even your phone if you ever decide to get with the times and get a smart phone!

Very Cool D. No skimmer? - using constant water changes? I think you mentioned that before.

Back