1,000 gallon all in one build

I asked the wife how she would like to decorate the room and she said it was my choice so I'm trying to decide the style to go with. I have been researching architecture and different ideas from the south pacific.

Ahh, if y'all go with a south pacific theme do the lovely wife a orchid box with some of your left over lights & some leftover trim. I had one a long time ago when we lived in the old farm house & I loved it. They grew like crazy just under regular florescent bulbs. I dunno if she likes plants but it would be so gorgeous! I know a local nursery that just deals in orchids really cheap too.

musicalocean;585519 wrote: Ahh, if y'all go with a south pacific theme do the lovely wife a orchid box with some of your left over lights & some leftover trim. I had one a long time ago when we lived in the old farm house & I loved it. They grew like crazy just under regular florescent bulbs. I dunno if she likes plants but it would be so gorgeous! I know a local nursery that just deals in orchids really cheap too.

I will be getting with you on that. I see lots of vegetation in the room.Not a big fan of wicker but I am looking into making some mahogany furniture with some type of caning incorporated.

Or maybe some koa wood in the mix. the tank will have to be built and running before I can finish the room since part of the old system will have to be removed.

Since its in the basement are you worried about the cold? Or what?

grouper therapy;585537 wrote: I will be getting with you on that. I see lots of vegetation in the room.Not a big fan of wicker but I am looking into making some mahogany furniture with some type of caning incorporated.

Michael built me one for Christmas & it was the best present I ever got :) I so hated to leave it when we left! Yes, definitely let me know when you get there & we would love to help. Also since they love humidity that would be a bonus too. I swear when I had a room full of em the air felt so much cleaner. My favorites were always the minature phalenopsis & the oncidiums but I always wanted to try a vanilla orchid as those grow into vines. Wow that would be neat..I'm so happy for you David :) it's going to look amazing when your done & I know you have probably been wanting to do this for some time.

Smoothie;585543 wrote: That would be a bonus:thumbs:
See I think it might be good, but then again it might get to cold and heating 1,000 gallons could get tricky.

Are you planning to expand the cooling loop at?

Mockery;585545 wrote: See I think it might be good, but then again it might get to cold and heating 1,000 gallons could get tricky.

Are you planning to expand the cooling loop at?

I think you are dead on here Colin as I think heating will be the issue rather than cooling. I am researching more efficient methods of heating other than titanium elements. I'm not sure the geo loop will be used. I anticipate not needing much cooling with the set up based on the volume to wattage usage(pumps and lights). But I will expand if needed.

I gotta look this up now. Now I am really curious to how fast temp can drop and how long something with that volume can keep temp (and time ?) along our same spot on the equator.
Dave I honestly think this is going to be easier than we all think.

puffer9375;585202 wrote: Looks great I'm jealous man. What are the diemensions of the viewing windows?

I guess this means you can get some more fish LOL.

They look small in the drawing but the tank is actually 36" tall the water level will be around 30-32" tall. I am making it taller to accommodate the 75+ gallon surge.

Its not 10' long??? Im disappointed in you!

as far as heating goes, instantanious gas water heater with a PEX coil under the sand or in the sump will do just fine. Since they only come in 30 kbtu and higher just about anything you find will work.

EnderG60;585853 wrote: Its not 10' long??? Im disappointed in you!

as far as heating goes, instantanious gas water heater with a PEX coil under the sand or in the sump will do just fine. Since they only come in 30 kbtu and higher just about anything you find will work.

Seen any used ones(gas)?

Instantaneous
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1771510">http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1771510</a>

Using tank water heater
[IMG]http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1561871">http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1561871</a>

A few more shop drawings - dimensions
TANKback.jpg
alt="" />
TANK-1.jpg
alt="" />
TANKbottom.jpg
alt="" />

Back