120 Build Thread

DrNecropolis;243530 wrote: picked up some turbo snails and an ORA green bird nest tonight(thanks john!!!) try to get some pics tomorrow when the lights come on
No problem. That birdsnest is a fast grower. I started off with a frag around the same size I gave you and its as big as a softball now. The turbos had done there job in my 40 so I was tired of them re-aquascaping LOL

johnr2604;243545 wrote: No problem. That birdsnest is a fast grower. I started off with a frag around the same size I gave you and its as big as a softball now. The turbos had done there job in my 40 so I was tired of them re-aquascaping LOL
thats BN already has extension in the dark!!

DrNecropolis;243542 wrote: You should see john where it came from, one of the most beautiful pieces I have see.

ahh, Birdsnests are my bane. I went through 4 or 5 pink (over 3 years) all aquacultured and 50% ORA. went through 3 tubs. I'm just now killing my ORA green as we speak. I've been lowering my ALK over the past month from 12 to around 10 right now. My goal is 9 or so. My acros & Monti's have been doing good, but I'm afraid if I get anything new, it usually comes from a water that's been in the 7-9 range, so acclimation to a new sps is too tough. ALL other parems are perfect with ph at 8.2, phates at 0.024 or below (DD Merck), trates at .5, mag at 1400 or less, calcium 450. Flow is almost "too much", and lighting is fine. It's the only thing that I can think of. Oops, sorry to hijack.

mysterybox;243600 wrote: ahh, Birdsnests are my bane. I went through 4 or 5 pink (over 3 years) all aquacultured and 50% ORA. went through 3 tubs. I'm just now killing my ORA green as we speak. I've been lowering my ALK over the past month from 12 to around 10 right now. My goal is 9 or so. My acros & Monti's have been doing good, but I'm afraid if I get anything new, it usually comes from a water that's been in the 7-9 range, so acclimation to a new sps is too tough. ALL other parems are perfect with ph at 8.2, phates at 0.024 or below (DD Merck), trates at .5, mag at 1400 or less, calcium 450. Flow is almost "too much", and lighting is fine. It's the only thing that I can think of. Oops, sorry to hijack.
not a problem at all..I have done the research but 1st hand experience is worth more them reading a bunch of scientist

DrNecropolis;243542 wrote: You should see john where it came from, one of the most beautiful peices I have see.
Now it has a piece missing :sad: LOL

johnr2604;243609 wrote: Now it has a piece missing :sad: LOL

John, please post a pic! actually, I think I saw yours somewhere here. anyway, what do you guys keep your ALK at? I realize that the ora green is one of the hardiest corals to keep, too! that makes it worst! (for me! LOL!)

mysterybox;243620 wrote: John, please post a pic! actually, I think I saw yours somewhere here. anyway, what do you guys keep your ALK at? I realize that the ora green is one of the hardiest corals to keep, too! that makes it worst! (for me! LOL!)
to be honest I check my alk about once every six months...and it is always spot on

I will have to get a new pick but here is an old growth picture. I keep my alk at around 9dkh. The first pic is when I just got it out of Rits tank when he did his tear down. The second is after about two months . It is around the size of a softball now. Its the coral that everyone OOO'S over in my tank although I have alot nicer stuff in my IMO.
orabirdsnestcomparison.jpg
alt="" />

Hay Ansley did you ever figure out what those frags were that I gave you and how have they taken to your system. Let me know!:up:

Figured Id bump this up a hair..
Going to get some more frags later on thanks to some great reefers..

Will be pick up a nice peice of Hydro from kellogreefer today and through some offer from some genrous(sp) reefers some zoos frags later on aswell.. will get some new pics up prolly tommorow..

Thanks to everyone who has helped me sooo much esp. John, Barbabra, Jin, Mike S., MarkL, Kellogreef, Shromy, and Sal..If I have forgetten anyone Im sorry.. Toothache and meds not helping much lol

Will try and get some new ones up tonight.. Battling HA though.. atleast I am winning though.. (Now that I got a seahare)

Heres some new pics... Havent figured out how to use my new camera yet so they kinda suck...

101_0131.jpg
alt="" />
101_0133.jpg
alt="" />
101_0134.jpg
alt="" />
101_0135.jpg
alt="" />
101_0136.jpg
alt="" />
101_0138.jpg
alt="" />