120 Build Thread

Nice looking tank! You and Johnr are setting the bar pretty high for these 120's. I'm a month or two out from even starting to get mine setup since wife has required that the rec room be painted first :doh:

molson;287733 wrote: Nice looking tank! You and Johnr are setting the bar pretty high for these 120's. I'm a month or two out from even starting to get mine setup since wife has required that the rec room be painted first :doh:
Mine looks like a betta bowl compared to johns... You setting up a 120?

Yeah been sitting in my garage since mid December, moving my 40 upstairs to clear space for it this week hopefully and then the painting will commence.

molson;287740 wrote: Yeah been sitting in my garage since mid December, moving my 40 upstairs to clear space for it this week hopefully and then the painting will commence.
Then you can be a member of the 120 Mafia also:yay:

Your tank is about three months old, from the point of LR to now. It's still maturing for now, and it takes about nine months to get to that point where it stabilizes.

That one open brain coral you have on the sand that had three mouths in a picture I just saw looked quite faded. It needs to be fed some chopped up krill, and it would be best to cover the coral with the top of a 2-liter bottle that has a few holes drilled in it. Press it down over the coral and into the sand so it stays, and squirt/drizzle some food down over it. It will take an hour or longer to ingest the food, and anything (shrimp) that move quickly will steal it away. Let that coral eat for two or three hours, then remove the dome.

Don't forget to drill some holes for a little flow, or the coral will suffer due to a lack of oxygen.

I have been using Corallife salt with a small amout of DD salt mixed in. My corals are going crazy. Just need to figure out the light issues. I think I have to much light. Just an idea. The Corallife alone tests great - Ca+ 450, KH 11dhk, MG 1350. I have stop all additions of any type since I started using this salt. Coarline is going nuts in my 90.

Good Luck!

Figured I would throw a few random shots in here..

Getting a new skimmer tonight..That should be fun to put in the sump..

100_0510.jpg
alt="" />

Brain I got from Mark(FlyingArmy)
100_0494.jpg
alt="" />

Fishes..

100_0489.jpg
alt="" />

100_0445.jpg
alt="" />

Got a few new pics today..

Tubs (Thanks again Darren)