2019 ARC Coral & Aquatics Expo

2019 ARC Coral & Aquatics Expo
Posted by Adam
Infinite Energy Center Forum
Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 12:00 PM
Until: Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Had a great time getting to be there today. getting to talk to new hobbyist and old friends. Thank you to the bod and volunteers for putting on an amazing event

Because it was nothing but frags. I figured someone would atleast have some nano tanks and other products for sale. Wasn’t anything more than a drag swap and sell. Wasted 30.00 for us to get in.

Because it was nothing but frags. I figured someone would atleast have some nano tanks and other products for sale. Wasn’t anything more than a drag swap and sell. Wasted 30.00 for us to get in.
That's unfortunate. I'm not sure where you got the expectation that there would be tanks and dry good products like that for sale. There were a few dry good vendors that were listed but they don't carry tanks as they are known for just supplements and additives... and the rest of the vendors listed are coral sales.

If you're looking for a 20g nano check out live aquaria they had a very nice aio listed for 70, marked down from 300. I don't even need one and bought it. Last I checked they had some more...

I was at the swap today and feel like there may have been a mixup with something I bought. Due to work I wasn’t able to get there till about 4:30 so I was kinda rushed and buying. So I bought what was supposed to be a hot pink mushroom. When the vendor packed it up I never looked or watched it get put up. When I get home (which is 2 1/2 hrs away) and pull it out of my cooler. It’s looks orange to me so not sure what happened. I know some people buy stuff and get it home under diff lights and it has a diff appearance. Maybe I’m not that familiar with mushrooms changing this much. It does not look like what I was buying. With that being said I am running AI prime HDs so they aren’t cheap lights. I would like to try and find out who the vendor was just to help with my confusion. Maybe our light settings are just that diff. It just feels like I got the wrong shroom. He was on the furtest wall from the vendor door next to ifragit. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

With the cost of shipping and or carrying large items across differnt states it would be difficult for vendors to get a good return on their investment and be very labor intensive. I'm sorry you were let down.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I was at the swap today and feel like there may have been a mixup with something I bought. Due to work I wasn’t able to get there till about 4:30 so I was kinda rushed and buying. So I bought what was supposed to be a hot pink mushroom. When the vendor packed it up I never looked or watched it get put up. When I get home (which is 2 1/2 hrs away) and pull it out of my cooler. It’s looks orange to me so not sure what happened. I know some people buy stuff and get it home under diff lights and it has a diff appearance. Maybe I’m not that familiar with mushrooms changing this much. It does not look like what I was buying. With that being said I am running AI prime HDs so they aren’t cheap lights. I would like to try and find out who the vendor was just to help with my confusion. Maybe our light settings are just that diff. It just feels like I got the wrong shroom. He was on the furtest wall from the vendor door next to ifragit. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I think that was @futureintrest booth

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Most coral shows are about the coral and not trying to compete with your LFS. This coral show was a great example of a local club show and attracted coral vendors from all over this region. As this forum is to share, there are much larger shows like Reefapoloza -Orlando or NY or Calif. - or Aquashella - Chicago and Texas- where they have lots of coral vendors as well as additional things like art/fish/fresh water/scaping/etc and more dry good vendors. MACNA is another large show that has lots of equipment displays and is about new and upcoming products that you could possibly buy in the future. We had fun at today’s event and are thankful we have a club that puts on these events for us to enjoy.

Most coral shows are about the coral and not trying to compete with your LFS. This coral show was a great example of a local club show and attracted coral vendors from all over this region. As this forum is to share, there are much larger shows like Reefapoloza -Orlando or NY or Calif. - or Aquashella - Chicago and Texas- where they have lots of coral vendors as well as additional things like art/fish/fresh water/scaping/etc and more dry good vendors. MACNA is another large show that has lots of equipment displays and is about new and upcoming products that you could possibly buy in the future. We had fun at today’s event and are thankful we have a club that puts on these events for us to enjoy.

Very well put, speaking for the club (BoD, Trustees, Committee folks and all the Volunteers that helped) we're really glad to hear your comments. Your last line summed up what we hope to hear about the expo and all club events! Thanks to everyone that attended and helps to support the club so we can keep bringing fun events for all to enjoy. This is a great hobby filled with lots of great folks.

Back