220 gal build (Pics)

family reefer

Market
Reaction score
As promised here is the first round...a shot of the basement shop
DSC_00011563.jpg
alt="" />
Here is the "supervisor" and the frame form for the slab that will support the 4x4 posts that will,inturn, support the floor joist. Note the wire mesh that will reinforce the concrete.
DSC_00031565.jpg
alt="" />
The form 1/2 filled and ready for mesh and more concrete..
DSC_00081570.jpg
alt="" />
Mesh in place and more concrete being added...
DSC_00111573.jpg
alt="" />
All done accept for the little one's initials, of course!!!
DSC_00141576.jpg
alt="" />

My brother in law came over and we installed 2 new outlet boxes ( on the left) Each contain one regular outlet and one GFCI outlet. Each box is on it's own 20 amp breaker newly installed in the fuse box.
DSC_00011577.jpg
alt="" />

Awesome to have relatives who are very capable of installing electical outlets when playing with salt water.

I can't wait to see more

Do you really think that cable and telephone are THAT necessary for the fish/corals??? I think you're just spoiling them at this point :)

Unless it is a network jack and he is going to let us view his tank via the internet

kj_yoda wrote: Unless it is a network jack and he is going to let us view his tank via the internet

Has anyone done this? I've thought about setting up a webcam- but then I'd never get any work done!

I recieved a call from Star Aquatics today and the tank is not gonna be on the truck tomorow so it looks like another week. Oh well. As for the brace, I believe the perfecto I ordered has 2 braces across the bottom. The problem is....the missing tank!LOL I will add them when the tank grts here and I know where to put them. I am using 2x6 top frames. The front face has 2 laminated 2x6's like a header so I won't have any posts in my way when I work underneath.

I was a little disappointed when I got the call. I guess I can go ahead and get to work on the hood while I wait huh?

Can you post a close up of how you attached the top frame to the bottom. How did you make the legs?

I will have to take some tomorrow. There are three 2x4 on the rear corners and 4!! 2x4's on the front corners. They are kinda saddled. I will get ya some close ups

stand is looking great, cant wait to see how the rest all goes together :)

As it is all untreated wood, it is not that heavy ...yet! I can stand in the center and lift it very easily. I am sheeting the sides with 3/4 in. ply but I am considering making the doors out of 1/2 in. to save a llitle weight. It will have two doors, one with a false flap to simulate a center post. WAIT JUST A MINUTE! I am copying YOU Big D ! LOL I love this place. We can bounce ideas off of each other and all hopefully learn a little something!! Tou guys keep the comments coming!Scott

Here are the pics of the corners, Hope it helps, Scott
DSC_00051598.jpg
alt="" />

DSC_00041597.jpg
alt="" />

DSC_00031596.jpg
alt="" />

DSC_00021595.jpg
alt="" />

DSC_00011594.jpg
alt="" />

Just a quick update. THE TANK CAME IN TODAY!!! Whoohoo! It sure feels great to have it in the garage. Now work can resume! Also I have recieved the Sequence Dart pump for the return, I bought 2 400 watt MH retros to add to the 3 250s I already have SOO the lighting is taken care of. I also ordered a Pan World PS 200 for the closed loop. It should be in next week (coming from Oregon) I am really excited about that pump. 3600 GPH Pressure pump. Shouldn't need ANY power heads in this thing! I will shoot some pics this W/E and bring you guys up to speed.
Laters,
Scott

Back