220 gal build (Pics)

Bleedingthought wrote: Sounds exciting! I'm going with a similar design (no center brace on a six foot tank) but using 3x6s all are the top and for the legs also (one in each corner and one or two in the back-center) and an actual LVL beam as a header for the front.

I'm going to ride along to follow your progress! :)

Im doing the same thing on my 500.It will be nice to not have to work around a center brace when working in and around the sump.Those lvl beams are great!

Looks great! Love the job you are doing on the stand. You also have some really good pumps picked out! More Pictures, More Pictures! I want to see the tank! :) :) :)

Finally satisfied with the tank-to-stand match up. Here it is. Gonna move the stand down to the basement shop for the fun part...pretty work.
DSC_00935107.jpg
alt="" />
DSC_00945108.jpg
alt="" />

You dont look too happy in that picture!?! That is a very serious pose. The stand looks super solid from that last picture. :)

Sorry about "The look" The pic was shot after one of those "extra trips" to Lowes! ( Dang it, I KNEW I had more glue here somewhere.)

Whenever setting up a tank a few "bonus" trips to Lowes/HomeDepot are always required. You never, never have enough of what you need. Been there, done that. :) :)

Looks great, my stand has the same frame under it but using only double 2x4's on the corners. I am holding up a 210 AGA RR.

72" long. 24" front to back. 30 " tall. Stand is 36" tall. Empty weight of the tank is 350 lbs! according to Perfecto AND my now aching back!

Just a little update... I am going to the NASCAR races for the W/E so this is about it till next week. Just wanted to give you guys an update to prove that I am still working on it!
Scott
DSC_00055113.jpg
alt="" />

Can't say for sure as I haven't opened them yet but they appear to be 1 1/2 ". Does that sound about right?

All glass usually makes a 1 inch drain and a 3/4 return for their tanks, did you special order it with different size holes?

Just a little note... Drilled the tank for the closed loop last night. Jeorge from Star Aquatics did the handy work. Looks great. No pics cause it's kinda hard to take pics of holes. I will add some later after the bulkheads are installed so they will show up.
Laters,
Scott

Back