220 gal build (Pics)

Holy cow! How big is that frogspawn? I bet some clowns would love that thing. Your tank looks awesome!

Just a couple questions one is: Did you put plywood under the tank on the stand?
Also was the concrete used as a base?

Your tank looks amazing BTW!!!!!!!!

The stand has full plywood under the tank(as one would for an acrylic tank) even though this one is glass. The concrete is on the floor under the house to transfer weight to the ground and not the floor. I enjoy showing the tank to friends so let me know ahead of time and we can work out a showing to you guys who might make a trip south. Much thanks to Star Aquatics here in Augusta for all of their help and excellent advice. I would have made many mistakes without their help and all of the great people here on this site!

Now that its done how do you feel about how tall the stand is? Im starting to build my new stand and was thinking of 40" instead of the normal 36". this way I have just about enough room for anything.

Do it! I love mine for that reason and the tank is in your face. No bending down here

Bump, i know the tank is gone, welcome back to the hobby. I have a few pieces from your old tank and will gladly give you some frags.

This is a great setup. How long did it take you to build the stand and canopy? Any advice for a beginner.

aceheart1976;762140 wrote: or is there any other good places near the augusta area for saltwater?

forumdisplay.php

Reefworks augusta in evans hard to find but worth the hunt. I stopped by sat and was impressed with the choices of corals and frags

Edit: As for advice... I always say...If maintenance is difficult ..it will be avoided or ignored...That is NOT an option for a successful reef. I made many plans to make every aspect of maintenace as easy as possible . this set up was wonderful water changes were completed by opening a valve and flipping a switch... RO water was made automatic with a float switch...Things as simple as where to place (and not place) a rock so that I could reach the galss to scrape... calcium reactors Even the lights were on timers to simulate sun coming up high noon and sun going down down...and it was all acomplished with simple items from the LFS and home depot. The only thing that wasn't automated was....I had to add salt mix to the bucket after a water change....and feed the fish...I never trusted automated feeders...LOL

Back