240gal build, buford

main.php

Thanks bleeding...

Worked on it a bit more... Got the base almost all they way trimmed.. with the exception of the rail on the top.. Also have to sand it.. Did a rough sand on the canopy, but it will be trimmed almost identically to the base..

IMG_3293.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_3292.jpg
alt="" />

Looks good, i might have missed it but , what are you doing for flow, and lights?

Looks great! What did you use for the finish parts, oak plywood? What and where did you get it?

obelix;159658 wrote: Also note the pictures stand on this post vs the stand about 4 posts up, you will notice that on the first picture the sump is in and on this one the sump is out, I know it doesn't look like the sump will come in and out from the pictures of the previous posts, but it does...

I designed my stand much the same way - center support in front and dual supports in back, for the same reason. I created a mock up in Google Sketchup of both the stand and the sump so I knew it would fit in and out before I ever cut wood. (I still made the center support removable, just in case I ever want a bigger sump!)

Very nice build--and quick too!

Yah, got the materials at georgia hardwood (oak and trim) in buford, and home depot (2x4's 2x6's)... The sides and tops are made from 3/4 oak plywood, the face plates are made from solid oak 3/4 stock.. I have some pretty nice pictures for an update, but I'm waiting just for one more step before I post them..

I'd like to see a picture of your if you have one online..

Gwhiz;160833 wrote: I designed my stand much the same way - center support in front and dual supports in back, for the same reason. I created a mock up in Google Sketchup of both the stand and the sump so I knew it would fit in and out before I ever cut wood. (I still made the center support removable, just in case I ever want a bigger sump!)

Very nice build--and quick too!

I don't know quite, I have a reeflo hammer head.. I think I will put a 3/4 in bar in the back with those flexiable arms that come out (maby someone can tell me what they are really called).. After I get the stand done, I'm probably gonna hit up everyone for some help on the design of the flow and lights and such.. If I think about too many things at once I usually screw something up, so I'm just trying to get through this stand, (seems like it's never ending)...

chrisjet;160358 wrote: Looks good, i might have missed it but , what are you doing for flow, and lights?

grimreefer;161069 wrote: Looking good. :up:

I got your PM and you have email.

Thanks grim reefer..

Here are the latest pictures if you are interested..

Have the canopy pretty much done, just lack the rail on the bottom, and the rail on the top of the base cabinet..
IMG_3294.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_3295.jpg
alt="" />
IMG_3296.jpg
alt="" />

Met up with grimreefer today, who was nice enought to let me borrow his set of panel bits.. Spent a while this afternoon just playing with router bits and trying to get them setup just right (which is no easy task I might add)... But here's a sample of what I got so far, I will be putting a 1/4 round on the edges with a step to match the inside rail of facing the raised pannel, heck, maby I'll just use the same profile as the inside rail.. But anyway, here a picture..

IMG_3297.jpg
alt="" />

Looking great. I will be contacting you soon for more information once I start building mine. You have motivated me to build my stand and canopy for my 240. I am supposed to start building tomorrow.

WOW, it's looking good! Nice wood working skills. Like all the rest i can't wait to see it full.

Thanks.. Been playing with my router getting setup for the doors, lot of routing and checking as I have found out is not so cut and dry to setup, but as of about 5 minutes ago I have my final prototype ready, so tonight I should be starting my rails for the raised panel doors. I will be posting some pictures soon, if all goes well I'll have them done tonight and can start glueing up my center panels.. Think I'm going with 2 1/4 for the size of the rails..

obelix;161815 wrote: Thanks.. Been playing with my router getting setup for the doors, lot of routing and checking as I have found out is not so cut and dry to setup, but as of about 5 minutes ago I have my final prototype ready, so tonight I should be starting my rails for the raised panel doors. I will be posting some pictures soon, if all goes well I'll have them done tonight and can start glueing up my center panels.. Think I'm going with 2 1/4 for the size of the rails..

I hear ya. I just made four raised panel doors tonight for a cabinet I'm building for a neighbor. Set up is a pain. While you're milling the stock for the rails, make a couple of extras so you can screw one up without having to go back through all the milling steps. Guess who ran one of the rails through upside down and had to remake a piece! :sad:

obelix;161028 wrote: I'd like to see a picture of your if you have one online..

Sorry--I just saw this request. Mine's a bowfront and the style is totally different, but pics of it are part way down in this thread...

showthread.php

obelix;161881 wrote: yes, it's very nice and DUDE, your wife lets you have a bar??!!??

She was more excited about the bar than I was! I get more use out of it tho'! ;)

Back