240gal build, buford

IMG_3298.jpg
alt="" />got the rails done for the doors.. More work than it looks like from the photos, I'm sure gwiz can testify to this..

IMG_3299.jpg
alt="" />

Looks like great progress....I've never used a level quite like that!;)

When you run the panels through the router, remember to rout the end grain first (it'll tear out more) and then run the long grain edges through. Also, rout it in multiple passes...I usually do three...and make the last one a small cut to make it as smooth as possible. You'll spend a little more time routing, but a LOT less time sanding!

canopy doors are done.. Thanks grimreefer.. Still have to do the base doors, they are taking a bit longer, as I have to use all my clamps for each door.. so only 2 doors a day..
IMG_3314.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_3313.jpg
alt="" />

Sorry so long, my ISP took an outage over the weekend.. The building of the cabinet project is over.. Here is the final product.. Didn't take much pictures of the finishing process, but I stained it, sprayed two coats of sanding sealer and a single coat of satin on top..
IMG_3363.jpg
alt="" />

IMG_3362.jpg
alt="" />

Thanks for all the nice comments guys... The only thing I think that I'd do different is not make it so tall, I should have only made it 36-40 and it is at 43" tall, albeit the tank sets down 1.5" under the rail, I hope it doesn't look wierd that tall.. Top of the tank (not including the canopy) will be at 65" which is just about 6" below eyelevel at the rim of the aquarium.. Will look great standing up and looking into it, but not so great I think if there is a chair on the corner and you have to look up into it.. What do you guys think..

Wow is all I can say..I wish I was handy with wood working. I need a new stand and canopy. Mine looks like poop after looking at yours.

I dont suppose any of you want to help me get this thing in the house on sat night, 6:30?

Either PM or call me if available.. 770-335-3353... Charles

I guess i'm just being self concious a bit.. looking at it, the top would be a bit under eye level, maby 6-8".. when building the thing I just didn't want to stoop down to see into it so I made it so it was just a little below eye level, but the wife made the comment that it may be to high.. I'm hoping once I get it in the house on saturday and all together, it will look most natural.. Also, as long as it is and with the canopy, the height of all the pieces will be proportional with the other pieces.. </em>

Back