Ace1204's Solana Build Diary

ace1204

Market
Reaction score
So i bought this from another member lastnight and set it up today. Please excuse the pics since everything is still pissed off and settling, i still have to siphon the bottom to make it a true barebottom lol. Frags are def not in final placement but wanted to get them back in a tank before they got really upset lol. Also got a few pics of my Filament Flasher Wrasse i picked up from SWC few days ago, hes been shy past few days but seems to really like this new settup bc ive never seen him out so much. I will be adding some more choice rock once everything settles, also the tank doesnt look level but it actually is the water level looks higher on the left side bc of all the flow from the Tunze.
solana.jpg
alt="" />
solana6tunze.jpg
alt="" />
solana10nem.jpg
alt="" />
solana11leather.jpg
alt="" />
solana12.jpg
alt="" />
solana21wrasse.jpg
alt="" />
solana13hammer.jpg
alt="" />
solana14frags.jpg
alt="" />
solana15zoas.jpg
alt="" />
solana16poc.jpg
alt="" />

solana3geismann.jpg
alt="" />
solana17crab.jpg
alt="" />
solana18buddies.jpg
alt="" />
solana19group.jpg
alt="" />
solana2.jpg
alt="" />
solana20dwarf.jpg
alt="" />
solana5.jpg
alt="" />
solana4.jpg
alt="" />
solana7.jpg
alt="" />
solana8.jpg
alt="" />
solana9wrasse.jpg
alt="" />
solanapico.jpg
alt="" />

What inspired you? HAHA. J/K. Pretty sweet setup.

MvM;202998 wrote: What inspired you? HAHA. J/K. Pretty sweet setup.

Haha actually the tank at Cap Bay first got me into this, but your put me over the edge, had to do it after that lol, Rimless tanks own, and this being a low maintenence good looking tank that i got at a pretty good price i just couldnt see a reason not to do it. lol And the wrasses have always been my fav fish so i just need to get a few more and then ill be close to your level lol.

Have you been dosing vodka to reduce nitrates again. I think this is a little overkill..........unless you're trying to breed a wrasse with a clown

MvM;203044 wrote: Have you been dosing vodka to reduce nitrates again. I think this is a little overkill..........unless you're trying to breed a wrasse with a clown

Lol i think everytime ive ever posted a pic of a tank in my room, someone always comments on the liquor bottles lol always. Someone on RC even asked if i was dosing vodka lol

Looks great already. What is growing on the zoanthids in pic #9?

corvettecris;203138 wrote: Looks great already. What is growing on the zoanthids in pic #9?

Thanks, its actually a fire and ice zoo coming through its just somewhat closed up

The bare bottom looks good!

But...uhh...it would look better with some sand in it:roll:

BASSCYN;203351 wrote: The bare bottom looks good!

But...uhh...it would look better with some sand in it:roll:

Thanks but im diggin' the barebottom for now maybe sand later

Have all of you sand keepin' folks ever moved a rock in your tank. YUCK!:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
There is so much junk trapped it's rediculous. BB are the best!

New pics
Today i picked up a frogspawn from Dough Thanks
and a Green Clown Goby from SWC thanks Sal
asolana7.jpg
alt="" />
Asolana.jpg
alt="" />
asolana8.jpg
alt="" />
asolana2.jpg
alt="" />
asolana1.jpg
alt="" />
asolana5.jpg
alt="" />
asolana4.jpg
alt="" />

I could not believe how small that goby was when i saw him at SWC

camg;205051 wrote: I could not believe how small that goby was when i saw him at SWC

Yea ive always wanted a green one, cool as hell and SWC had an awesome price on him!!

Same to you Doug, and thanks again for the great deal, post some pics of your tank in a thread soon, your avatar looks awesome.

So today i purchased a mystery wrasse from a fellow member with a Solana and Hes been picking on my Filamented flasher wrasse already but hopefully he calms down lol, here are some pics, also are a couple of pics of one of my Peacock mantis in a diff tank of course lol.

miz.jpg
alt="" />
miz2.jpg
alt="" />
miz4.jpg
alt="" />
miz5.jpg
alt="" />
miz3.jpg
alt="" />
peacock.jpg
alt="" />