Ace1204's Solana Build Diary

Changed the rockwork a little bit and hid the tunze skimmer in the back chamber and built a new clear mesh top, also ordered my 250w halide soon to be cooking my tank lol

fts1-1.jpg
alt="" />
fts2-1.jpg
alt="" />
fts3-1.jpg
alt="" />
fts4.jpg
alt="" />
fts5.jpg
alt="" />
fts6.jpg
alt="" />
fts7.jpg
alt="" />
fts8.jpg
alt="" />
fts9.jpg
alt="" />
fts-1.jpg
alt="" />

:)Great pic. I would like to get what is ever in that bottle on the right with the words peach on it. Just a little bit though. I have to go to work in the morning.

My new Midas Blenny, Thinkin Larry sounds like a good name lol

midas.jpg
alt="" />
midas2.jpg
alt="" />
midas4.jpg
alt="" />
midas3.jpg
alt="" />

Added a 250w lumenbright
Tyree Watermelon Chalice
VDM zoa
Candy apple red Zoas
LE setosa
and some other zoas

tank1.jpg
alt="" />
tank10.jpg
alt="" />
tank11.jpg
alt="" />
tank12.jpg
alt="" />
tank13.jpg
alt="" />
tank2.jpg
alt="" />
tank3.jpg
alt="" />
tank4.jpg
alt="" />
tank5.jpg
alt="" />
tank7.jpg
alt="" />
tank8.jpg
alt="" />
tank9.jpg
alt="" />
tank6.jpg
alt="" />

Why that light setup? Were you having heat problems with the sunpod?

Never had a sunpod, had a geismann 150w before this, i wanted to go 250w is why i got this one plus i like the way it looks

Hmm, maybe that's what I mistook for a sunpod.

It does look good. I like the industrial look of raw, uncovered reflectors/pendants.

THat may possibly avoid heat probs in the summer, too, since you can run it so high off the water.

Looking good. You've got it up pretty high. Are you lowering it over time? Also, I used black zip ties to attach the power cord to the mounting bracket. That helps to tidy things up a bit. For some reason, I feel weird using the word "tidy." lol

MvM;299592 wrote: Looking good. You've got it up pretty high. Are you lowering it over time? Also, I used black zip ties to attach the power cord to the mounting bracket. That helps to tidy things up a bit. For some reason, I feel weird using the word "tidy." lol

Yeah right now its 15" off the water im gonna lower it by an inch every week of so till i get down to 11" or 12". The way i designed it, it is adjustable, similar to yours Matt. Yeah ill have to tidy it up a bit lol

Few pics of scarlett picking algae off of a snail while going on a tour to the top of my tank
scarlet.jpg
alt="" />
scarlett2.jpg
alt="" />
scarlett3.jpg
alt="" />
scarlett4.jpg
alt="" />
scarlett5.jpg
alt="" />

Very nice!!

We have similar taste. I have been looking at a Solana to house a pair of Picassos and a RBTA.

Nice man. Are you gonna try to get the star polyps to cover the bottom?

theplantman;305009 wrote: Good looking tank Ace, is there an advantage to doing a bare bottom tank?

Much easier to clean, no sand to sift, just doesnt look quite as realistic

Back