Ace1204's Solana Build Diary

That mystery wrasse is NICE! He may never calm down though. They are aggressive lil *******s.

well a few weeks ago i added tahitian moon black sand here are some pics
fts.jpg
alt="" />
fts1.jpg
alt="" />
solana7-1.jpg
alt="" />
greenclown.jpg
alt="" />

Well hopefully everyone enjoyed the black sand bc today i took everything out of my tank and removed all of the black sand went back to a barebottom lol. The tahitian moon is just too fine for the amount of flow i want to put in the tank. Soon this will be an SPS and Clam Dominated tank. Also rearranged the rockwork today. Pics soon to follow

Stay tuned...

looks nice.. doin very good.. keep it up, i like the black moon sand, but maybe a really nice white would add some contrast to all the colors of the fish and coral

Yeah i liked the black sand but like i said its impossible to keep in its place with 2 tunze 6025 and i plan on putting in a vortech mp20 soon.

So few things have changed:
No more Black sand which was a huge pain too remove but luckily i didnt lose anything.
No more tunze, it has been replaced by a vortech MP20
Stock skimmer has also been replaced by a Tunze 9002
lots of new coral
None of the same residents though.
Only fish in the tank are a true pair of percs
Hawaiian Flame Supermale/Female pair soon to come
heres the pics
121816.jpg
alt="" />
121817.jpg
alt="" />
12189.jpg
alt="" />
12188.jpg
alt="" />
12187.jpg
alt="" />
12186.jpg
alt="" />
12185.jpg
alt="" />
12184.jpg
alt="" />
12183.jpg
alt="" />
12182.jpg
alt="" />
121819.jpg
alt="" />
121818.jpg
alt="" />
121814.jpg
alt="" />
121813.jpg
alt="" />
1218.jpg
alt="" />
121810.jpg
alt="" />
121811.jpg
alt="" />
121812.jpg
alt="" />

And a final farewell pics to my Aurora Goby and Pistol Pair that i had to get rid of recently from another tank. hence the white sand
121815.jpg
alt="" />

It never stayed in one place. I was constantly having to level it out and blow it off of corals.

Nice pink cynarina. I had one, traded it and have regretted it ever since.

Nice tank & pictures. I really like the last one. I would enter in the POTM contest that will soon begin in the new year.

Joe

LorenK;261060 wrote: Nice pink cynarina. I had one, traded it and have regretted it ever since.

Thanks i just got it last week it actually expands much bigger then in the pictures :D

sailfish;261062 wrote: Nice tank & pictures. I really like the last one. I would enter in the POTM contest that will soon begin in the new year.

Joe

Thanks, yeah i like all the color in the last FTS, as for the POTM im not sure if it's ready for that yet lol

Man, I keep coming back to look at this thread. I really like what you have done. What made you give up the tunze for vortech?

McLovin;261147 wrote: Man, I keep coming back to look at this thread. I really like what you have done. What made you give up the tunze for vortech?

Thanks glad you like it, i got rid of the tunze for the vortech bc i like the looks of the vortech better and the flow pattern it creates a huge undertow which is really awesome.

jgilley84;261108 wrote: what is the ball looking thing?
The pink ball thing is a Cynarina

MvM;265240 wrote: Nice. What type of starfish is that?

Orange Cake star

The only other place ive seen one in a tank was at the Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg that i went to over New Years :)

And thanks for all the compliments everyone :D

Back