Any reef stores near Wilmore, KY?

wannabeeareefkeeper

Market
Reaction score
Heading to Wilmore, KY; nearest bigger city, Lexington; home of the Wildcats!! Any recommendations on any reef stores in the area that should be visited or any stores in route? Should I plan any stops along the way to Wilmore, KY related to "Reef Life"?

Wannabee

Wilmore is tiny tiny. You'll not find anything there. The closest you will find is in Lexington. I lived there for many years. At one point, there were 3 high quality stores in town but the last time I was there (about a year ago) none of those 3 were still around. The best thing I can suggest for Lexington is the Yellow Pages.

If you are driving up there then you must stop at The Aquarium in Knoxville. The Coral Reef is another highly rated store in Knoxville. The Aquarium is right off PaperMill Rd exit on I-40/I-75. To the best of my knowledge...there's nothing else along the trip.

Yeah nothing special up that way at all. At least not anything that compares to our awesome stores in GA! =)

Yeap! It's on my list of stores to visit if I ever get to the Louisville area again. For now, commutes to northern country will be up I-75.

Maybe someone could create a Sticky Note under the Reef section of reef stores to visit for sure. BioReef in Jacksonville, FL should be near the top of that list. Only found out about BioReef when I posted a thread here at ARC of reef stores to visit on my trip to Florida some years back. I've been "Hooked!" ever since. So if I'm ever heading through Jacksonville, BioReef will be a stop off for sure.

Wannabee

porpoiseaquatics;1084565 wrote: Wilmore is tiny tiny. You'll not find anything there. The closest you will find is in Lexington. I lived there for many years. At one point, there were 3 high quality stores in town but the last time I was there (about a year ago) none of those 3 were still around. The best thing I can suggest for Lexington is the Yellow Pages.

If you are driving up there then you must stop at The Aquarium in Knoxville. The Coral Reef is another highly rated store in Knoxville. The Aquarium is right off PaperMill Rd exit on I-40/I-75. To the best of my knowledge...there's nothing else along the trip.

I did a search of the Yellow Pages in Lexington, KY for Reef Stuff. It appears that everyone in Lexington, KY must be buying on the Internet; especially for any live stock. Sounds like a possible business adventure for someone. Do your homework and find out if a need is wanted for a brick and mortar reef store in Lexington, KY before you plunge in.

Wannabee

Back